Faethfully Yours: Chapter Ten

So we've made it to Chapter 10! Yay!  

Remember to vote (on the left) Comment (on the bottom) and fan (on the right....I think lol) 

==========================================================

I gripped Kheelan's arm tightly but he didn't seem to mind. He actually drew me in closer as we walked towards an old rickety house. A few of the men that caught us went inside the house, but we didn't. The patio stairs creaked as they went up making everything sound so final. Kheelan must've felt my tension because he rubbed my knuckles gently with his hand. Why couldn't I be as calm as he was? All I wanted was to bend over and throw up.  

There were four men left. Three really big ones and a shorter one. The one holding me was named Billy. The other two didn't say much but held Kheelan close. The shorter one walked ahead. He was the boss I think. They called him Sam.  

We cut along the side, walking on patches of grass, rocks and sand. In the distance I could see an old barn. We must've been heading there. It was the only other place in the open distance. Passing an open window, there was a child was watching Spongebob Square Pants and singing along. I smiled. Such a simple life... It just proved to me that I was in over my head. I could kill as easy as flipping a switch but had no control over these powers....what was I supposed to do? There were children around...I couldn't risk it. That didn't mean the temptation wasn't there. The entire 20 minute drive, I felt constant urges to...how do I explain it? It was a pressure where I wanted to close my eyes and disappear into the black..... 

A cool breeze sent chills down my spine and that feeling came back. Almost like I could dissolve into it...become one with it.  

"Don't" Kheelan snipped, pulling my arm closer. He looked at my hand curiously, as if warning me and placed his own hand on top of mine. I didn't understand what he meant but when I took my other hand out of my pocket to bite my nails, I gasped. My hand was sandy and almost sheer.  

'Breathe' Kheelan spoke softly into my head. Obediently, I inhaled....exhaled....inhaled....exhaled.... 

Slowly, my hand regained its human elasticity but for that minute, it was as if they were about to....dissolve. I looked up at Kheelan, and once he noticed my other hand had returned to normal, he let his own hand drop to his side. 

"You have a lot to learn" he sighed in my head "You must control how the elements affect you. You can't dissolve into any wind that comes blowing your way" he glared sternly. I guess it ran in the family. 

"I didn't know...I'm sorry--"  

"We're here" Sam snapped with a satisfied glare. We'd reached barely standing barn. The door was chained with a padlock but through the cracks I could see light inside. What was in there? Before I could edge closer to Kheelan, he pulled me closer. His cool demeanor was gone. He was angry....and knew something I didn't. I tried to reach him mentally, but got nothing.  

Opening my mouth to speak, Sam snapped his fingers and Billy retireved the key from around his thick neck. Handing it to Sam, I felt my stomach tighten. My fingers were trembling but Kheelan held me steady.  

"Whatever you see in there Charlie...." his gaze pierced me "...just hold on to me and do not let go" I nodded. I remembered his eyes being crystal blue but just then, in his gaze, a purplish hue swirled. One that resonated in pain and worry.  

"I will help you control it" He meant to prepare me, I know. Instead, I rattled uncontrollably.  

Sam unhooked the lock from the door and the chains tumbled to the ground. Carelessly, he kicked them to the side and pushed open the doors. A cloud of dust lifted, burning my eyes. I buried my head in Kheelan's arms. He tensed and a slight gasp escaped him. I looked up but the sand kept my eyes from focusing. Kheelan released my arm and put his hand around my shoulder, pulling me into his chest. From under his arms, I could see the dust begin to settle. Stepping back, his arms tightened.  

"Stay with me Charlotte..." he said, but his focus was not on me. His eyes were aimed directly above my head, into the barn. Terrified, I turned my head.... 

"Remember what I told you--" 

"Move it!" Billy snarled, pushing us from behind. I wasn't expecting it and tripped on my own foot. Kheelan reached down for me, but Billy pushed him past me. The other guard pulled me up and I almost fell forward but he quickly spun me around and pushed me forward. The barn was dark, and only a faint light glowed in the back. My eyes were still so sandy, everything was blurry. They pushed Kheelan ahead of me but he struggled to reach me.  

The lights flickered on. 'Focus on me' Kheelan said lastly but I couldn't hear him....every word fell into an infinite black hole as I opened my mouth to scream....but nothing came out.  

Ivan. 

Chained to a chair and gagged, sat Mr. Stokaya. A gash above his eye bled profusely, running over his bruised skin. My knees buckled, but Billy shoved me up. The chair was placed within a circle of what seemed like salt and other sandy substances forming a number of symbols.  

"Rise and shine!" Sam clapped loudly as he walked to Mr. Stokaya. I could feel a constant pressure in my head, coming from an outside source but I couldn't focus on anything but Mr. Stokaya's beaten body. Horrified, I looked at Kheelan and knew that he was the constant pressure, trying to reach me. I didn't want to hear anything. I inhaled deeply but my breaths got caught in my throat and my stomach tightened again. 

"Charlotte, Ivan is fine" Kheelan said calmly but he was lying. I knew he was. My blood seered but the pain and the worry wouldn't let me focus.  

"Charlotte look at me, don't look at him. He's fine" 

"Is he?" Sam taunted, walking behind Mr. Stokaya. I wanted to keep my eyes focused on Kheelan but a loud dry smacking sound made me turn away. Billy punched Ivan over and over, knocking the handkerchief from his mouth. I didn't even realize I was crying until I lifted my hands to dry my eyes. 

========================================================