Faethfully Yours: Chapter Seven

Ivan's POV  

"Sam, the longer you keep me here, the more danger you're putting us in!" Ivan threatened. Trying to control his anger, his trembling voice betrayed him. Knowing Sam never held him in high esteem, if he found out about Charlotte, there was no telling what he would do to her just out of spite.  

"Why don't you enlighten us as to what this danger is? Your friend here told us he had a message of peace from your Queen...you mean to tell me that's a lie?" Sam cast his bait.  

Kheelan chuckled, "No, never...we leave all the nasty, dirty lying to the Unseelie kind" he joked but cursed inwardly that he had no access to his darker magic, instant death the preferable spell. Beside him, the same thought ran through his Ivan's mind.  

"And where were you headed in such a hurry? There is no danger of your faerie kind within the sacred circle but you seem....scared" Sam spoke as he paced the room, running his finger along the various parts as if searching for dust.  

"We were simply going to visit a student of mine in the hospital. She has been in a coma for a long time and Kheelan was going to see if he could help. He is of the water realm...in our world, they're responsible for healing--"  

"Really, the hospital..." Sam echoed intriguingly "that's actually where our seers have located the source of our little time problem" his black eyes jumped from Kheelan, to Ivan then back to Kheelan.  

"Time problem? What time problem? Time seems just fine to me, what say you Ivan?" Kheelan rambled. Ivan closed his eyes, having difficulty taming his rage.  

"Sam, you don't know what you're dealing with. She's very dangerous--"  

"And that is why our men are on their way there right now, prepared to take whatever action necessary" Sam threatened. Finally breaking, Ivan charged at him but Kheelan held his brother back.  

"She's human you idiot!" Ivan thundered "A child!"  

"Child or not--" Sam began but was drowned out by Kheelan's voice in Ivan's mind.  

'Ivan, listen to me. Perhaps I can get there faster than his men--"  

"No, you can't take her out of the burial circle...she isn't ready--"  

"I will take her to Elena then--"  

Ivan nodded and turned his attention back to a screaming Sam.  

"Are you listening to me?!" Sam demanded. Ivan glared at the shorter man, thinking of all the things he'd like to do, starting with feeding him to Elena. Kheelan stepped back slowly, wanting a head start, lest they had some magic to prevent him from shadow shifting.  

Eyeing him suspiciously, Sam scowled at Kheelan but turned his attention back to Ivan. Kheelan casually walked to a nearby lamp and turned it off. He couldn't transform in the light, not when he was turning into shadow. As the lamp shut off, Kheelan dissolved and disappeared into the night.  

"You traitor! After everything we've done for you! You still bring your dark magic to our land! Bind him Billy!" Sam ordered the large man. Billy reached into his back pocket and pulled out rope.  

Ivan weighed his options. He could give in and go with the men. It would surely help his cause if he cooperated but he also realized that Kheelan needed time to get to Charlotte. The longer he kept Sam entertained, the longer before he called his men to warn them of Kheelan's approach.  

Billy stepped behind Ivan and as he pulled back one of his hands, Ivan turned and punched him in the face. The man stumbled back but attacked instantly, ramming Ivan into a mirror. The shards of glass stabbed Ivan's back but he ignored the burning pain and kneed Billy in the stomach. Billy grabbed his leg and slammed him to the floor , sending more glass piercing into his back. Unlike Billy's leather jacket, Ivan had on a white tshirt that was white no longer. Sam ran to the door to get the other guard and in between punches, Ivan saw Sam pull out his cell phone. His stalling plan was done, but before he could think another thought, everything went black.