And a New Beginning

I sat on the couch, Vergil's legs draped over mine as we finally had a chance to relax. Dante was out, probably at a strip club, but we didn't mind. He had been acting jittery ever since Jasmine died.

I missed my best friend dearly; not a day passed that I didn't think about her. Vergil told me I shouldn't dwell in the past, said it was bad for the stress levels. But I couldn't help it. She had been the best friend I ever had since sixth grade, and losing her ripped a hole in my heart.

The way we talked about the books we read, the video games we demanded to play together, the way she obsessed over Harry Potter then relentlessly tried to get me completely hooked on it. The many times I stayed at her house for nights on end and made forts in her room. Playing Pirate Uno. Ceaselessly texting eachother. And the way she defended me from everything. God I missed her.

I failed to protect her....

A tear ran down my cheek. Vergil must of saw it because he asked me what was bothering me.

"Jasmine, " I answered.

Vergil sighed, "Don't dwell on the past, Cassi."

"I can't help it. She was my best friend."

Vergil stared sympathetically at me, "I know. I know your pain. "

I smiled, "Now, about this blood bond..."

*                    *                     *

"Ready?"

I nodded, and Vergil took my hand, palm up. He drew the knife over my flattened palm, cutting deeply. I winced, and he instantly did the same to him. We clenched our bleeding hands together, the blood bond beginning to sew itself together.

I could feel his blood mingling with mine, a tingling sensation ran through my right arm from it. I closed my eyes as the sensation spread through my body, as if every nerve was twitching inside me. Vergil's blood fused with mine, and soon be broke the connection between us by pulling his hand back.

"Feel any different? "

"Tingly. "

He smiled at me, "Me too. That means it was successful. "

I smiled, looking down at my hand as it healed, leaving a fairly visible scar. It looked as if my right hand had grabbed a sword or something. We stood, walking through the trails in the woods behind the house. The wind blew gently, the sweet smell of lavender in the air as I leaned into Vergil, our feet crunching on the sticks and twigs.

Did I mention Dante called me today? About a dozen times. I finally picked up after a while. He told me he had something to show me and to "Hurry my ass up and get to the warehouse." Hmm... with the way he had been acting lately, I didn't want to know. But I did as I was told. I walked into this......

¤

¤

¤

¤

¤

¤

¤

Well, what do you guys think? How was the story? I hope you liked it :)

Should I write a sequel?