The Fight

"There's my little flower."

I gasped at his voice, and Vergil froze behind me. In a quick movement, Jesse grabbed me, pinning me against him and pointing the gun directly at Vergil's chest.

Vergil held his hands out in surrender, "Let her go, Jesse. I'm not looking for any trouble."

Jesse pulled the trigger, and the bullet hit Vergil square in the chest. He let out a little oof! and collapsed backwards. Blood blossomed in the middle of his chest, running down to pool on the floor.

He let out a little cry, arching his back.

"VERGIL!" I screamed, prying against Jesse, "YOU SON OF A BITCH!! LET ME GO!"

He held me there easily, chuckling softly, "You should be dead. I didn't expect to turn you."

I shoved against him, and he released me. I stumbled backwards, collapsing. I scrambled to my feet, eyes locked on his.

"Ah, look out, darling."

He motioned behind me. I turned slowly, gasping at Dante's still form bleeding out on the carpet. Jasmine lay next to him, a gash on the side of her head.

"You monster!"

"You are the same as me, Cassi. A Vampire. You are as much of a monster as I am."

I glanced down at Vergil. He was gasping weakly, and could very well be breathing his last. I wanted to get to him, but Jesse was standing in my way.

"What do you want, Jesse?"

He cocked his head slightly, "You should know. You are the only one I haven't attacked."

I swallowed. If he took me away from here, I could very well lose my friends. Jasmine was the only one that I knew for sure was still alive. She had been knocked out, the gash on her head proved it. Vergil looked to be dying at our feet, and Dante was still enough to be dead.

"And if I don't go?"

A sneer covered his face, and he backed up so he was standing next to Vergil. He pressed the barrel of the pistol to Vergil's forehead. Vergil's eyes slowly opened, and he tried valiantly to focus on him, but I could watch him fail. And it was killing me.

"If you don't, I will snuff the life outta him right now. If I do, he will have no chance to survive."

I swallowed, glancing back at Dante and Jasmine. I can't let them die....

And that is when I saw Dante's chest rise slightly. He's still alive!

I turned back towards Jesse, "Fine, I'll go with you. But on one condition."

A playful grin spread across his face, "And what might that be?"

"You let me call an ambulance to the house."

He seemed to consider it, the nodded, "Do it fast. We leave in exactly one minute."

I grabbed Vergil's phone from his pocket. I dialed 911, and gave the dispatcher the information. When OI hung up, I returned the phone to Vergil's pocket, devastated to see him unconscious. His skin had paled so much and I wondered why he wasn't healing.

Jesse grabbed me roughly by the arm, pulling me towards him. I had one last glance over at Vergil before Jesse traced away, taking me with him.

*                    *                    *

 We appeared again in a dark room. The windows were boarded up and the only light came from an thing of candles in the corner. He shoved me forwards roughly, and I sprawled to the ground. loomed over me, tucking the pistol in the waist band of his pants.

I pushed myself away from him, trying my hardest to gain my footing. He began advancing quickly upon me, a wicked smile covering his face. I pushed away from him as fast as I could. He reached me before I had a chance to stand, and he grabbed me by the hair. I was yanked cruelly to my feet.

He drug me along,  and threw me against the wall, "A Daywalker. I wasn't expecting that. Either way, I am going to kill you. Or you can join Mundus. It is your choice."

I struggled to stand as he loomed over me. I was against a very dangerous Vampire. He forced me down with his foot, pressing it against my stomach. I was completely helpless at the moment. If I could stand, I might have a chance to get a swing off at him.

He quirked a brow at me,  "Well? What is your choice?"

"If I join Mundus, what will happen?"

He shrugged, "You will possibly be an assassin. I have no control over it. You will be like me, an assassin of the night. But, considering your abilities, you will probably be a thief."

I swallowed, "And if I refuse?"

"I will kill you right now, and dumb your body off at Vergil's house."

I took a deep breath. I had two choices: Live and become a thief, or die and leave Vergil forever.

I nodded curtly at Jesse, "I'll join."

He smiled broadly, "Good. I will begin the preparations at once."