Chapter 20: I Still Believe

So this chapter is all the letters to her family. I was going to make them seperate chapters, but they were sort of short. The song for this chapter is I'll Always Remember You by Hannah Montana and Miley Cyrus, you know how that is, with the two people thing. But anyways, so there will be a couple of flashbacks and Leslie sort of realizes how she was a different person and she needs to change her life. Thanks for reading :) -Sarah

And if the song ends before you get to the end, then play Skyscraper by Demi Lovato. Just had to add that, because I'm including flashbacks from all of the chapters so..yeah. And if the song ends before you get to the end, play Slipping Away by Greyson Chance. The music helps with the mood haha. And the flashbacks. And if it happens to still be not over when that song is over, use any song you'd like. Or Candles by Hey Monday, or Told You So by Cassadee Pope. There. That should be enough songs for when it's over haha. Also, I'm not including Chapter 17 because it's basically like Chapter 16, but it's Alana's POV. I feel bad for leaving it out haha, but it's Alana's POV and this is Leslie's POV. Just had to say that. Okay, I'll stop going back and typing things now. Haha. Thanks for reading :) -Sarah And I just realized I completely numbered the chapters wrong, I skipped chapter 14! Hahahaaahaha, so it's like there's no chapter 14.....anyways. Haha.

Dear Jason,

I love you. I just thought you should know that. I'd love to stay at your bridge with you, but I'm starting a new life and moving to California. I'll miss you. But don't worry about me, I'll be okay! Just try to stay safe, okay? Maybe someday we'll meet again.

I'm sorry our childhood wasn't the best. With mom leaving, Ricky passing away, dad being in jail a lot. But I want you to know that I tried my hardest to give you the best childhood as I could. Trust me, mine wasn't any better than yours. And I know there were things I did and said, but I wanted to say sorry for that.

I'm sorry, so sorry Jason. I should've said it a long time ago and I know I did but I should've said it way before. I really should have. But I didn't, and I'm saying it now.

I want to thank you, because if it wasn't for you my childhood would've been worse. I wouldn't have had someone to look out for. Jason, I love you. I don't want to say goodbye, but I want to start a new life because I won't give up like everyone thought I would.

One of the things I promised myself when I left school today and sat under the tree in the park was that I'd never make my kid feel like they were nothing. Jason, could you make that promise to? Because we both know how that feels with the way we grew up. I don't want our kids to ever feel that way.

Treat your future girlfriends and wife right. Treat them like you want a guy to treat me.

I love you, Jason. Don't ever forget that, because it's always gonna be that way. I love you.

Love,

Leslie.

P.S. See you soon!

My childhood wasn't the best, but I had Jason. I'd practically raised him, but when I hit him everything went black. When Ricky died everything went black. Everything was falling apart now. But I knew I was gonna start a new life.

I stayed under a bridge far away from Jason's. Every night I'd fall asleep, thinking about everything. I looked back on everything and everyone. I hated to know that everything was different. But..in a way..Alana gave me the strength to move on.

(Chapter 1: A Lost Cause)

Man, I thought. Never heard that one before.

I rolled my eyes as the immature people next to me continued to tease me. I was used to it, but as I looked around at the white walls and sun hiding in the clouds, I really didn't like this place. Not one bit.