Chapter 7: Jason Fell

My brother and I had no choice but to be close when we were growing up. Our parents divorced shortly after he was born. My mom left when we were really little, so I wasn't about to just abandon my brother. Growing up, I think it was his friends who told me I was the lost cause.

I don't want to think about that, though.

My dad abused me growing up, but I made sure that didn't happen to Jason. One time Jason told his teacher about it, but I made sure that they knew "I was in trouble, it's not gonna happen again." and I don't remember hearing anything of it. But my dad's been in prision before. I'm not exactly what he was in there for, though.

When I started high school, I was this happy kid that everyone loved. I wasn't popular but everyone just..was nice to me. But before sophomore year, Jason packed his bags and.....left. I have no idea where he went, and I never chased after him.

And dealing with James and Wesley when school started annoyed me even more.

But now things are okay with James. They were okay with Wesley. Everything's sort of okay, except for with Jason. I have no idea where he's been or what he's doing.

I was out with James one day, just to forget about it. But when I got home Alana wanted to talk to me.

"Hey Summer," she said when I got home.

"Hey," I said, taking off my jacket and throwing it on the ground. I guess I'd been around James a lot.

"Are you gonna pick that up?" she asked me.

"I guess I'm supposed to??" I asked, picking it up.

"Um, yes. My house, my rules."

"It's not your house, it's your parent's house." I corrected, putting it on the couch. "What do you want?"

"I called your dad and asked about your brother."

"WHAT?!"

"Calm down, just listen to what I have to say."

"Oh my gosh you can't just sneak peek into my personal life, I'm fine without my brother and I was fine without my dad, now you ruined everything and my dad's gonna come here and take me back home and you're ruining everything!" I yelled.

"It's okay!" she said.

Before I asked why, I had it. "OH MY GOSH ALANA, I HATE YOU!" I said, going upstairs and to our room. I slammed the door and tears fell down my face. She doesn't understand......you can't just ask where my brother is. <-----this reason will be named soon.

--

I sat on my bed with my head in my hands, thinking about me and Alana's fight. Or basically, my fight. Alana meant good, I know. But she CAN'T get in contact with my brother. He'll think I'm a coward for not going to him myself and if my dad knows I'm with him he'll freak out. She can't just do this without knowing where I've come from.

There was a knock at the door.

"Go away." I said, not caring who it was.

"Come on, I have to tell you something."

"Yeah, like the last time worked out so well." I snapped.

I felt like I did on that day of school. Snapping at everyone. Trying not to care about my brother. Not thinking about the bad path I'm on. Not caring about Alana.

I sighed and got up. I opened the door. "What do you want?" I snapped, going back into the room.

"I wanted you to know that your dad won't find out about you contacting your brother..because I called and reporting him abusing you."