Chapter 16: Make a Better Life for Someone Else (Alana's POV)

YOU GUYS!!!! OMG OMG, I HAVE A JENNIFER LAWRENCE STORY! So, you guys know she's from my hometown right? Well her P.O. box is literally RIGHT down the street from my house, like less than twenty minutes! :D So I wrote her a letter and drew a picture of her, really nice stuff. About a week or two ago. And today when I got home, there was an envelope for me in the mail and she sent me an autographed picture! I so SO excited, and they put a piece of cardboard from a shoe box in there so it wouldn't bend! Oh my gosh I am keeping the cardboard FOREVER! But anyways since this is a Jennifer Lawrence story I thought I'd tell you that. Oh my gosh I am freaking out, like I have other autographs from ceelrbties that I am also excited about..but I can tell this will be a special one, she's from my hometown and it's just omgomg a movie star from Kentucky knows I exist aaaaaah..sorry a very big moment for me haha. Anyways Chapter 17! You guys, Leslie's come SO far! I am so proud, and I'd like to thank @imma1dmomma for making my amazing cover. Thanks so much.

What do you guys think of everything going on in the story?

So I thought that this isn't really a POV story of anyone accept for Leslie, but I thought just this once besides maybe at the end I'd do a POV for Alana. We know how she feels about all this but with all this stuff going on we haven't really gotten to see her side of it and how she felt when she couldn't call Leslie.

Elevator buttons and morning air.

I could already tell today wouldn't be a carefree day, and I really missed Leslie. Yeah the girl bugged me sometimes but everyone bugs someone every once and a while! I never understood why people just stop talking to someone because they're fizzed at them. Because of a belief, or something they said. It's okay to be mad but it's called forgiving. I wasn't mad at anyone, I guess....just mad.

I was working near the Twin Towers today. This job costed so many hours of my time, I'd only gotten seven hours of sleep last night. And that's actually good compared to what I got the night before because I was up working all night.

I was still half asleep, though. I almost forgot to lock my car doors when I got to the office this morning. I walked in, keeping my eyes open as I pushed the elevator button. A crowd of people were gathered around, so I just made my way to the back because I HATE crowds. I can't stand them. I get really anxious and so I had to take deep breaths to stay calm.

It didn't last that long since there weren't a bunch of floors, so I walked to the office where I'd be working today.

"Goodmorning, you must be Alana James." a guy with black hair said. "I'm Peter. Come with me and I'll show you your office for today."

I yawned and nodded as he led me to the office. "This job is hard, huh?" he asked.

"Yeah, I miss home a lot too."

"Ah don't worry, by the time May comes you should be heading back home. You live with your family?"

"Yeah I do, I live with my parents, and my....sister, Leslie."

"Oh cool! How old is your sister?"

"We're not related, but she's like a sister to me.....she's sixteen, turning seventeen pretty soon."

"That's awesome. Well, here we are."

"Thanks a lot." I said. I sat down as he left, closing the door. I checked the time. Close to nine. Alana was probably in math right now. "Tell her I said hi, please Wesley?" I asked.

I got to work and I don't know how much time passed, but the next thing I knew I heard crying outside my door. Someone knocked on the door, and it was Peter. I opened it and he was in a panic.

"Calm down, it's okay." I said. I guess it was just an instinct.

"There's been an attack, we need to evacuate immidiately....."