Chapter Eight- Dude!

Picture of Ian Harding who plays Shane Parker

Chapter Eight

Dude!

“Thank you, dinner was delicious.” I said to Beth about to stand from my sit. I thought I'd try and soften her up so that she'd send me back earlier. The words felt like acid on my tongue and were foreign to my own ears. 

“How would you know you barely ate any?” Ash remarked, gesturing to my plate that had a half eaten chicken breast, potatoes and some vegetables.

“Ash, stop being so rude to our guest. I’m sure Brooklyn just had a big lunch isn’t that right.” Beth scolded her son impatiently and waited for me to answer her.

“Yes, of course” I answered.

“That’s funny because I don’t remember seeing you in the cafeteria,” he said raising his eyebrow.

“Leave the poor girl alone.” Mr Parker, Richard, interrupted.

“If you don’t mind I’d like to go up to my room.” I said to Beth who just smiled and told me I didn’t need to ask.

I flopped down on my bed picking up my phone to call Blake. It rang twice before the call connected.

“Can’t talk now B.” Blake rushed disconnecting the call.

“The bastard hung up on me” I said to myself in utter disbelief. No one hangs up on me, I hang up on them not the other way round. After lying on the bed, aimlessly throwing my phone in the air I decided to occupy myself by taking a warm shower to relax. Once I'd finished I slipped into bed to try and get a good night sleep earlier than usual.

 I thought about what I'd be doing if I were in New York instead of California. Probably getting into some sort of trouble with Justin and Blake, I smile at the thought of it. I close my eyes, my mind still spinning with thoughts. I wondered how long I would be living in this place and how long it would take my dad would keep me away. They were probably doing better off without me anyway, no more worrying if they would get a phone call telling them I’ve been arrested, no more pretending like they want to help me when in reality they gave up years ago and no more staying up at night ready to shout at me when I stumbled through the front door early in the morning drunk. My parents lives are better off without me in them.

I laid there just thinking for God knows how long. All I knew was that the doors had been locked, the lights had been switched off and everyone had gone to bed.The house was completely silent, so silent that you could hear a pin drop. I closed my eyes about to drift off whenI heard a loud noise coming from downstairs. What could it be? My curiosity got the better of me. I couldn't resist the urge to go find out what it was.

I crept down the stairs slowly, making sure not to make a noise. As I entered into the kitchen, I saw the fridge was open, but no one was in sight. Freaky or what? As I closed the door, I saw a tall silhouette leering over me. My hand involuntarily lunged forwards and punched the dark stranger in his 'special' place. He screamed like a teenage girl who had just broken her nail. Another tall stranger, masked by the darkness came running in, turning on the light as he skidded to a stop. It took a while for my eyes to adjust to the light, but when they did, I saw two tall hot guys and I had a pretty good feeling I knew who they were.