Chapter Four- Shop Till You Drop

Chapter Four

Shop Till You Drop

"Brooke, honey wake up." A soft voice said waking me up from my sleep. It'd been a long time since I'd been woken up so calmly and quietly. I slowly peeled my eyes open to see Mrs Parker standing in casual clothes. How is that even in jeans and a top she manages to look like a supermodel?

"Hmm." I grumbled tiredly into my pillow.

"Today I thought we could go to the mall and get you some supplies for school and some new clothes to fill up your wardrobe." She told me. I pushed myself into a sitting position on my bed wiping my eyes with the back of my hand. Her words registered in my head and I groaned. School aka my definition of hell. 

"From what your parents have told me school isn't one of your most favorite things but I promise that you'll like your new one." She said. I scoffed unattractivrly. Yeah right! Like I'll ever actually like school. I looked at Mrs Parker again she looked so hopeful and excited how could I say no?

"Okay, Mrs Parker" I replied reluctantantly, instantly a smile lit up her face making her if possible even more beautiful.

"Oh and please call me Beth, Mrs Parker is my mother in law." She shuddered, laughing. "Anyway why don't you get dressed and come down for some breakfast." She got up off the bed from where she had sat and left the room without another word.

I'm not sure how long I sat there staring into space but when I was fully awake I climbed out of bed throwing the warm covers off of me. I stalked into my walk in wardrobe where I had put all my clothes. My clothes didn't even take up half of the space you'd be lucky if it even took up a quarter of it. I pulled on a pair of jeans and a black top, brushing a comb through my hair after taking a long warm shower.

Once I had finished getting ready I managed to find my way into the big dining room where everyone was sat being served breakfast by servents who were dressed immaculately. I gaped openly at them. How rich were they? I mused to myself.  Beth looked up at me and gave me a warm smile which I half returned after closing my mouth. I took the only seat let which was in between Beth and Kenny, one of the staff members pulled out the chair for me and made sure I was comfortable before moving back to stand off to the side waiting for someone to call him. I shuffled uncomfortably in the seat, feeling strange and dressed down.  Another person came out placing a hot plate of food in front of me. It felt weird being served by complete strangers. I was so used to doing stuff for myself that it felt so out of place and not to my liking one bit. How was it right to put other people to a lower status than yourself because you had money? I let the irritation boil unknown to the rest of the room whilst I picked at the breakfast.

"Eat up and then we'll head out," Beth smiled. Eggs were heaped on the plate, along with bacon and sausages, even pancakes. Glancing around the table, each boy was scoffing the food down without giving it a second thought.

"Are you finished ma'am?" One of the young servers asked, he looked not much older than I did. I nodded once again and he took my plate probably to the kitchen where it will be cleaned and put away by yet another person who was being paid to do things that we were very capable of doing ourselves.

"Let's get going then shall we?" Beth said standing from her seat. I followed her after she said goodbye to everyone. I followed Beth to the front of the house where their valet stood holding the keys to the range rover. He handed over the keys and we both hopped into the luxurious car. I stared out the window as she drove down the long driveway watching as the trees whizzed by making them just a blur.

"Not to sound rude or anything but why were there no staff when I arrived  yesterday?" I asked my voice filling the silence of the car.

"Oh, all staff are given Friday afternoon off." She explained I made a noise of recognition and nodded my head.