Chapter Thirty One

"Brooklyn you're gonna be late for school"

I groaned, throwing the covers further over my head. "I don't want to go" I said, my words so muffled by my pillow it came out incomprehensible.

"I swear you and Ash will be the death of me. If you're not up in five minutes we won't be having pizza for the rest of the month." Beth warned. At that I lifted my head up to peak at her face that showed she was not bluffing. I groaned, rolling out of bed.

Yawning, I tried as quickly as possible to get dressed and look semi decent. I cursed the stupid private school for having to wear a uniform. Not taking a second glance in the mirror I rushed out of the room. My head was down as I rifled through my bag looking for my phone when I bumped into Ash once again. I glared at his smirking figure. He was dressed in his uniform only he looked like he'd rolled out of bed which he probably had. How was it fair for him to be hot messy whilst I could barely scrape by as having crawled out of hell?

"We've got to stop meeting like this Brooke. I mean I know I'm irresistible but please try to resist throwing yourself at me." I scoffed as the words left his mouth.

"Trust me I have better things to be doing than throwing myself at you, don't mistake me for one of your little fan girls"

"If I were you I wouldn't be rude to your only ride to school" he smirks, jingling his keys in front of my face. I groaned in annoyance, glaring at his stupid smug face. 

"There's like a billion cars in the garage, why can't Beth drive me? Better yet, why can't I drive myself?"

"She has a meeting to be at and if you had't forgotten you don't have a liscence and don't think mom has forgotten about that little joy ride you took in Charlie's car"

I glared at his retreating figure but reluctantly followed him out to the car dreading the journey. He stopped abruptly causing me to bump into his back. He faced me with a glint of humour in his eyes as he gestured towards his motorbike.

"You've got to be kidding me." I say, eyeing the bike.

"Scared Matthews?" Ash taunted.

"Please, you think this is my first time riding a motorcycle? The only thing I'm scared of is contracting whatever disease Tiffany has given you." His smirk falters but he slides on to the bike anyway awaiting for me to get on as well. I swung my leg over wrapping my arms around him tightly. I knew the drill, hold on tight and don't die.

The engine started and I got the usual thrill I always felt when riding. Ash clearly was not holding back as he sped down the roads way above the speed limit. I didn't mind though, I loved the way the air felt against my skin. Beth would kill us both if she saw we weren't wearing helmets. It'd been a long time since I'd ridden on a motorcycle, I'd almost forgotten what it had felt like as exhilaration ran through me. I frowned as the school came into sight and Ash began to slow down.

The parking lot was crowded as always; the girls chatting about the latest gossip, the guys discussing what girl they were gonna screw over next. I rolled my eyes at the sight, could this school get any more cliche? 

"You'll have to get a lift home with one of the other boys, I've got football training for the big game on Friday." He said, I frowned slightly disappointed that I wouldn't get a chance to ride the motorcycle in a while.

"Don't be too upset Brooklyn, you can cling on to me another time." He smirked infuriatingly at me and we went our separate ways. I was walking past all the thousand dollar cars when I felt a hand slip around my waist. My sudden reaction was to be angry at whatever jerk thought he could just grab me but that disappeared when I looked up to see it was just Ryder. And he was not happy. I looked around confused at Cole, Layla, Hayley, Chelsea and Derek but all of them just shrugged before grabbing their bags and heading towards the school entrance.