Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen: Hindering Concussions

"You try to run but fall apart. Stripped of the armor you wear. Life's but a humblin' affair." -Mr. Little Jeans: Back to the Start.

-

 I feel muddled as I come to. I have no idea where I am or how long I've been unconscious. I do not think I have been out for long. I feel indications of a concussion. My neck is incredibly sore, bruised from mishandling. Everything is fuzzy as I try to assess my surroundings. I see two blurry figures standing not too far in front of me from where I lay on my stomach on the metal ground. They have their backs to me as they talk.

 "I don't see why we don't just kill her," A blue skinned woman dressed in silver crosses her arms, "It would be easier."

 "But he needs her alive, just for one day more," A bulky warrior replies, I recognize him as my kidnapper.

 "I don't see what put him in charge," She scoffs.

 "He was who Thanos seemed to trust the most. He knows more about the plan than us."

 "We should have all voted."

 "And you would have elected different?"

 "No, I just like the idea of having a say in who our new leader is."

 By now, I have regained most of my consciousness. I see out of the small cage-like room I am in that to either my left or my right that there is a hallway. I curl my fingers slightly through the metal grating as I plan to make a run for it. I take a deep breath before launching myself up. In the blink of an eye, the kidnapper reaches out behind him and grabs me by my neck.

 "I told you she was a stupid girl," He grins maliciously at me.

 I have no time to react before his fist hurls towards my face.

~

 "Monica, you have to wake up right now," I hear a voice from somewhere in my mind. "Mon, I can't carry you. I need you to get up right now. You need to call your suit."

 The voice pulls me from the darkness. I begin to feel a sharp stinging sensation on my knee. Pain dully pulses around my wrists and ankle. I blink as the bright lights hurt my eyes. My nose tingles as my head is throbbing in agony. A fuzzy image of a red metal face looks down upon me. I honestly feel as if my concussion had a concussion.

 "Monica, can you hear me? We need to get out of here right now," I recognize my dad kneeling down over me, "Call your suit."

 Shouts and a siren are audible. I have no clue what is going on or why I am seeing Tony. Maybe this is just a hallucination; my subconscious is tricking me to see him in a desperate attempt to motivate me to save myself. However, I respond to Tony's order. I wearily move my arms to signal my suit.

 "Can you run?" Tony asks me as he offers me a hand to help me up. I reach for his hand, but I keep missing it. After half of a minute of trying, I feel my hand grasping Tony's. He pulls me up, but I cannot stand on my own feet. I collapse back to the floor. "Okay... Guess not..."

 My tongue feels swollen as I try to talk, "Dad- er, Tony?"

 "I'm here, you're fine," Tony looks at me before glancing behind us.

 "I don't feel fine, and I'm pretty sure we're still wherever that monster took me," I chuckle but end up coughing.

 "Well you don't look much better either. Dried blood doesn't really suit you," Tony retorts as he fire his repulsors down the hallway.