Back To Normal

"Oh I was so worried when you were in the maze. I had no way of telling what was happening."

"Is everyone else OK?"

"Viktor and Cedric shot up sparks before the end, but Potter had to go to St Mungos to be treated for the cruciatus curse."

"Well that's not too much of a loss." We looked at each other for a minute before bursting out laughing.

"I'm just so glad that you're okay. I don't know what I would do without my best friend. I mean, I'd have to stay with my parents even longer before moving out."

"Oh I'm so sorry that my death would affect your plans of independence Fleur."

"Eh trivial things are not important. What is important is that you're ok. I know your parents were worried."

"They worry whenever I get a cut on my finger. This is hardly different." She leaned into me and whispered, "When we go back to our dorm you are so telling me what really happened." I nodded seeing the determined look in her eyes.

Just then, the doors to the hospital wing burst open and 2 men came running over to me. "Jade are you OK?!"

I was engulfed in hugs by both Padfoot and Moony and I sat up. "I'm fine, don't worry dad."

"Good. So I can do this. JADE CASSIOPEIA BLACK HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US?!" Remus looked angry, but his eyes were worried.

"I'm sorry, Dad, I know you've been worried but I'm fine. Madam Pomfrey? Can I leave please?" I directed the last two sentences to the matron who looked over me for a few seconds before nodding. "Very well, Miss Black. Try to stay out of trouble."

I walked out of the hospital wing with my dad's by my side. As soon as I walked out, Dumbledore walked toward me with the Minister of Magic.

"Excuse me, Miss Black, but if I may have a word with you?"

"Of course Minister Fudge."

"Did you say that You Know Who was brought back to life?"

"Yes."

"Impossible. You must be delusional."

I scowled at him. "I assure you Minister that I am perfectly sane, and if you refuse to accept my story that's on you but one would think you wanted to warn your people that a maniac is alive again."

"It can't be possible."

"I've tried to tell you Cornelius." Dumbledore interrupted.

"Are you accusing a French National Hero of lying and making things up?"

"Well no but-"

"I would be happy to swear an oath on what I saw, or show you my memory of the night. If only to put your mind at ease. "

"Thank you, Miss Black. I would like to see that very much. Come to my office, we'll use my pensive."

I followed Dumbledore up to his office, still with my dad's and Fudge following behind.

When we got There, Dumbledore's Phoenix flew over to me and landed on my shoulder. I began to stroke it and smiled.

"Let's get this over with, shall we? I have a best friend waiting for me."

Dumbledore pulled out the pensive, and I got out my wand. I extracted the memory from my brain, only up until the part before Voldemort told Harry about Rose.

The two of them went in and I stood on the outside hugging Sirius and Remus. "We love you, Jade."

"I know dad." I smiled at them and they each kiss one of my cheeks.

"Anyway, you're gonna tell us the truth later."

I cocked my head innocently. "Why I have no idea what you are trying to imply Mr Lupin Black."

"Of course not, Miss Black-Ravenclaw-Slytherin-Merlin."

I smirked at them and we all burst into laughter. Fudge and Dumbledore came out at that point to see the three of us laughing.

"What's so funny?" Fudge asked.

"Family Joke, Minister. Did you see the truth?"

"Yes we did. The aurors we sent to Little Hangleton discovered the bodies of Walden Macnair and Lucius Malfoy knocked out on the ground. Do you have any idea how that might have happened, Jade?"

"First of all, we are not familiar with each other, so you may call me Miss Black, Mr Dumbledore. And second, I don't know. Maybe Voldemort was angry we got away and decided to leave his death eaters there?"

"You may call me Professor Dumbledore."

"You see, I really shouldn't. You call yourself a Professor but most Professors have gone to years of school to be a professor in their chosen subject. You however, finished your Hogwarts Education, did some other stuff and then became a teacher of Defense Against The Dark Arts. You then transitioned to a teacher of Transfiguration, even though you had absolutely no experience of teaching the subject. So no, I will not call you Professor, Mr Dumbledore. It is quite a major flaw in your education system, to be blunt."

Dumbledore raised his eyebrows and the twinkle in his eye disappeared. "Well, we have the Death Eaters arrested in custody and they will be tried with Veritaserum."

"Good. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go celebrate with my school."

I bid them goodbye and walked over to the Beauxbatons carriage where Madame Maxine was waiting with a smile, next to Fleur.

"Congratulations, Mademoiselle Black, you 'ave made your school proud."

I bowed slightly. "Thank you, Madame."