Birthday

I woke up to Milly, our house elf/the only one in my family who likes me, jumping on the bed and saying, "Miss Rose, it is time to wake up it's your 11th birthday."

I stretched my arms and looked out my window to see 2 owls waiting there. The first was a Hogwarts screech owl but the second was light grey that I didn't recognise. I opened the letter from the second owl first and saw it was an invite to go to Beauxbatons. The next letter was, as I expected, a letter from Hogwarts. James and Lily didn't want me to go to Hogwarts, because I'd just 'embarrass my famous brother' Their words not mine.

I sent a reply to Beauxbatons saying yes and saw that I needed to go to France for my shopping. I told Milly where I was going and told her I'd be back before 3 o'clock. I flooed to the Leaky Cauldron first then went to Gringotts, where I was meeting Sirius to discuss something very important. I told the goblins I was with Lord Black and they led me to a blood adoption room. Sirius stood up and smiled, "Rose, ever since you were born I have loved you as has Remus, I know I am not your true godfather however there are times I wish I was, what with your brother being a complete idiot." I chuckled at that. "Rose, Remus and I want to blood adopt you." I gasped and started to tear up. "Sirius, I would love that." He engulfed me in a hug and called Remus to come down. "I've decided that I'm going to Beauxbatons." His eyes widened. "I don't want to be near Harry or Dumbledore and I've already accepted." He smiled. "That's great, Rose, you deserve wherever you can reach your best potential."

A goblin came in. "I am Narfang Head of the Black Family Vaults. Before we can start the procedure, Miss Potter will have to take an inheritance test. I nodded and pricked my finger on the needle. Words appeared on the parchment underneath.

Rose Lily Potter

Abilities: Metamorphagus, Animagus, Wandless magic, Non verbal magic, Parselmouth, Occlumens

Heir Black

Heir Slytherin (By right of conquest)

Heir Ravenclaw

Heir Merlin?

"How can I be the heir of Slytherin and Ravenclaw?"

"It appears your mother Lily, is a descendant of Rowena Ravenclaw, and isn't aware of it. However, descendant or not, it only tells those that are deemed most worthy of the title." Narfang answered.

"What does it mean by 'By right of conquest'"

"It appears that you defeated the previous Heir of Slytherin, who was none other than Tom Marvolo Riddle, otherwise known as Lord Voldemort." Sirius gasped. "Wait, so-"

"It turns out that Rose was the one who defeated Voldemort on Samhain 10 years ago." Trying to get over my shock, I looked at the paper once again, and something else caught my eye.

"What does it mean by Heir Merlin?" I asked Narfang. "Every few hundred years, the spirit of Merlin chooses a worthy candidate to possibly be his heir and inherit his powers." My jaw dropped. "You don't have to take the test, however if you do choose to, you need to go in a dark room where the spirit of Merlin will determine if you are worthy." I thought about it for a moment and nodded. "I'll do it after the blood adoption." He nodded. Remus came through the door then and we proceeded into the ritual room. 10 minutes later, I was no longer Rose Lily Potter but Jade Cassiopeia Black.