Mommy's Little Soldier

---A/N:Just to warn you, this contains feels---

A mother is fixing up dinner and her son comes running in wearing his old Halloween costume. It was a soldier costume with a hat and fake medals and all.

"LOOK, MOMMY! I'm a superhero, just like daddy! I look like him too!" The little four-year-old exclaimed excitedly. The mom chuckled. The little boy's father was, as of right then, in the military, serving in the Marines. The mom kneeled down to her son.

"Why, yes you are. You're Mommy's Little Soldier." The mom replied while smiling. "Now, Mommy's Little Soldier needs to get ready for supper! We're having your favorite."

"CORN DOGS AND MAC AND CHEESE?!"

"That is your favorite, right?" The little boy squealed.

"Thanks, mommy! I love you!" The little boy ran to his room and his mother continued cooking dinner yo the sound of her son playing with his toy tanks and soldiers.

_20 years later_

The mother weeped and tried not to wail as her son hugged her goodbye. He was off to the military to serve in the Marines. Ten years ago, the boy's father had returned from the Marines to say that he was headed to war in Iraq. He died in action. As the boy and his mother kissed, hugged, and wept goodbye, the mom said,"You will always be Mommy's Little Soldier." The boy's eyes filled with more tears and he hugged her again, but tighter. He walked off into the direction of his plane and was off.

_10 years later_

The mother had been waiting for her son's letter. He was about to fight the same war in Iraq that his father died in. She wailed in despair as her letter had not arrived.

_5 years later_

Wearing black, the mother walked up the steps of the cemetery. She arrived to a place where a group of people, soldiers, generals, captains, and colonels made a path for her to approach her son's coffin. She peered in and her numerous tears dripped onto her son's military uniform covered body.

"You were and still are..." The mom choked. "...Mommy's Little Soldier."