The Mirror

(a/n: this was requested by NYCProdigy )

Lacy's POV

There's this weird, tradition, ritual sort of thing I do before school. I do my daily routine and then I check my mirror. I'm always same old, 16 year old Lacy Young with the same old brown pixie cut and bright blue eyes. But yesterday, something weird happened. When I looked in the mirror, in my reflection, I was wearing a long Victorian gown. My hair was in a bun and I had a tiara on my head. I screamed and blinked five times. When my eyes opened finally, I was the same old me. I straightened up and fixed my look. When I was finished, I walked out to the car where my mother was honking the horn. It was creepy though. It happened today too.

~10 years later~

I've made this reflection my friend, and I've introduced her to my two year old daughter, Stephanie. Her father walked out on us after I told him about my reflection. He thought I was crazy. I'm not, I've been tested. I still look into my reflection every morning before work. The mirror, my reflection, and my daughter are the best thing in the world to me.

~5 years later~

Stephanie has her own reflection like mine. But her reflection is scary. It talks. It doesn't just wave, it talks, whispers, laughs, but she scary.

~9 years later~

Stephanie is sixteen and she still has that reflection.

~two months later~

I'm sitting at Stephanie's funeral. Her reflection had convinced Stephanie to commit suicide. I broke every mirror in the house and burned them. Never trust your reflection.