Chapter 18

Our graduation ceremony was just like any other but it was worse than high school. It was two times as long and two times as boring, the only highlight was that I finally got my degree and could decide on what to do next. Lillian's father wasn't able to make it so he sent her plane ticket for home, she would be flying out right after and staying for a week. We quickly jumped into the Jeep still wearing our gowns and took off on the highway back to our dorm room, we needed to be out of the dorm today and thankfully the week I was gone Lillian and already packed my things, she had all her things shipped back home and all she had left was her suitcase for today, we packed all my things in the Jeep and shut the dorm room behind. College was over and it was time to decide what came next.

I drove Lillian to the airport and parked in the drop off lane. "Have fun Lil, we will meet up after." She grabbed her suitcase and climbed out of the Jeep, shutting the door. She faced me and had a huge grin on her face. "Yes, we will and I know where to find you babe, now go." She blew me a kiss and walked into the airport.

I checked the clock on Jeep right above my radio, 5:00pm. I parked the Jeep in that familiar driveway and climbed out shutting the door behind me. I loved feeling of gravel beneath my feet crunching and moving. I walked out into the distance and stopped in the same spot that changed my life a couple of days earlier. That times feels so far away now, I feel as though I have always been here in this state. I belonged here and I belonged with him. I starred at the sky watching the sun fall behind the trees and mountain top, it's crazy how quickly the sun dropped away, as if it too is hiding from the beast that lurk beyond the shadows.  I and took a deep breathe let out a loud long howl at the moon. I walked back, passing the Jeep sitting on the wooden steps of the cabin.

I sat and waited for him for him to show, I knew he would hear my howl and I knew he would come for me. I waited and waited on the steps time ticking by. I checked my watch saw that it read 6:30, maybe I was wrong. Maybe he didn't want to see me because I left or couldn't hear my call. Was our connection not as deep as I had hoped and thought? I stood up and stepped off the porch making my way to the Jeep.

As I wrapped my fingers around the handle I noticed something moving ahead of me in the distance. I let go of the handle and made my way to the front of the Jeep, watching the tree line. I could make out the shape of something low to the ground. I walked towards the shape and stopped midway. In the depths of the trees deep within the darkness two blue glowing eyes appeared watching my every move. I smirked, rolling my shoulders transitioning into my gray wolf...

running into the woods.

AUTHORS NOTE:
Thank you so much for reading my first original book. I really hoped you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it💕