Chapter 5

That night my dreams were filled with Alec Craven with his long dark hair and his blue eyes. I could swear in the moonlight his eyes were glowing blue and not a natural blue but like if the sky was several shades darker.

It was enchanting.

The man was beautiful and there was no point denying it. When I woke up, I rolled over and saw the time, it was 11:00am. I rolled onto my back and starred at the ceiling, I invited him for dinner and I had no idea what to make. I just reacted because I wanted to see him again but I didn't even know what to put together. I wasn't the type to cook on a whim, I liked to preplan my meals so that I knew exactly what I needed and already knew what I was going to cook.  I groaned and rolled out of bed. I went to the bathroom and turned on the shower, turning the nob to land on warm. I removed my clothing and stepped into the warm shower removing the smell of booze and smoke from the night before. Once I was done I put my hair up into a tight bun, applied a full face of makeup and wore a denim romper with cute sandals.

It was now 12:30 and I haven't heard anything from Lillian. I walked to my bag and pulled out two aspirin and grabbed a bottled water from the fridge. I pushed opened her door and walked into her room, she was still asleep. I placed the water bottle and aspirin on the bedside table and sat beside her on the bed. She felt my weight and turned around to face me.

"I feel like roadkill." She let out a small laugh and then groaned holding her head.

"I bought you aspirin and water. Drink them and go take a warm shower. You'll feel better you drunk." I was laughing because in all the years I'd known her she never learned how to control her drinking, it was just something she couldn't handle. I sometimes think she drank to forget, because of the pressures of who her father was and all the money that she felt defined her.

"Thank you babe." She reached for the aspirin and water chugging it down like if she was in the dry desert and it was the only water she had seen for days.

I stood up from the bed to let her get ready for the day. "Oh and I invited Alec for dinner at 5:00." I walked out the room and walked over to the fridge door opening it and looking inside to start preparing for tonight.

"Oh my God, you invited the hottie. He was so into you last night,well from what I can remember he was." She was standing behind me with her belongs in hand on her way to the shower. I turned to look her and just rolled my eyes.

"No, he wasn't. He just being friendly and watching out for us since that creep pulled my fucking hair. Besides he is probably with someone. No way a man like that can be single." I spun back around to the fridge having a stare down with all the food inside. I remembered his comment about the town being different and not being alone at night. I wonder what he mean't by all that, I'd ask him tonight.

"He wasn't looking at you like a taken man." Lillian stated as she made her way to the bathroom and closed the door. She was always pointing out when someone liked me or tried getting me to date. My ex wasn't the greatest and we didn't have a good relationship. Like a match he lit me up and watched me burn out till I was nothing but ash. I haven't really dated since. I just wanted to focus on myself.

After staring down the fridge I pulled out a package of steaks and set them on the counter to defrost. I also pulled out three potato's and a package of asparagus. Tonight's five star meal would be steak with baked potato and asparagus. Mostly everything was packed into the freezer so it would last longer, I moved the potato's and asparagus to the fridge side so they would be ready for when I would start dinner at 3:30.  I was nervous to cook for Alec.    What if he didn't like my    food? What is he didn't like me? Lillian's brain was tricking her because of her massive hangover, he wasn't crushing last night, or was he. I guess we would just have to see.

5:00
I had the food all placed on the table in a buffet style and was waiting for Alec to arrive. Lillian was already sitting at the table drooling all over the meat. "Can you please stop drooling all over the meat, I don't want extra flavoring." I laughed as she looked at me and flipped me off. Suddenly I head the engine of a motorcycle out front. Of course he had a motorcycle. That only made him sexier. I could hear his boots on the porch and I moved to open the door before he knocked. I swung open the door and there he stood in all his glory.

"Come inside please." He walked passed me into the cabin and handed me a large bowl. 

"I made an iceberg salad, I didn't want to come empty handed." He made his to Lillian and greeted her with a handshake.

This was going to be eventful and did I mention that I'm a huge fan of salads now.