Chapter 7

He stood there with a blank facial expression and the color of  his skin drained. The air was getting thick around us and a silence was present. I waved my hands in front of his face and he barley moved, he just stood right in front of me frozen.

"Harry are you okay?" I asked

He soon started to hyperventilate and was shaking a little, I quickly got up and rushed by his side. I instantly knew he was happening, I use to have them when my dad was in rehab, but it's rare for me to have them now.

"Try to calm down, Breath in and out Harry... It' going to be fine" I told him.

 I grabbed his hand and instructed him to  stay calm and breath in and out. After awhile he went back to his normal self. No doubt was I going to force a life story on him after this experience, I feel like if I push him to his limit he might go ballistic.

"Please leave..." he whispered 

"No.." 

"I SAID LEAVE!"

"And I said no.."

"Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

"Why do you have to be so demanding?" I shot back and he stayed silent.

"Your a piece of work you know that" he growled.

"So are you... "

          A silence was present, it was so quiet that you could hear a pin drop. I got up from the couch and stomped off to my room. As soon as I closed the door another door slammed, indicating that Harry left the apartment also. 

        Well the day was vexatious... But who is there to blame? With the group I randomly got paired up with it's bound to happen in a matter of time, especially with Harry. It seems like a daily ritual, having to deal with Harry and everyone else, it's a bit of a struggle but it happens in life. My mom once told me that in life you're going to face many struggles,  it's better to come up with a solution than run away from your problems. But  at the moment I just want to run away from them, run away from this new life that was thrown at me, but where would I go?

        Many things ran through my head as I stared at my sealing. One thing that seem to be the main aspect that ran through my thoughts was the mystery girl. Who was she? 

         An idea popped in my head about discovering this girl. I used all my strength to pull my myself off the bed and soon I stood in front of Harry's bedroom door. I was a bit weary about going through his things since he's so private and doesn't like people going through his things. I took a shaky breath and opened the door.

        The bed looked freshly made and everything looked organized, unlike this morning when the girls raided on his personal items. I looked around the room and I spotted something under his bed that looked barley noticeable, I bent down and picked it up to reveal a box. On time I heard the front door shut, I panicked and quickly ran  out the room shutting the door, making my way towards my room.

  I placed the box on my bed and analyzed it, written on the  side of the box was the name " Agnessa Marie Kovalik."  I took  a deep breath and opened the box to reveal pictures of a majority of the people I saw in town with a girl who looked just like me and a journal. The journal was made out of Italian leather and it was also pretty thick too. It had Journal entry's from January 1st, 2001- July 23, 2010, which was kind of odd.... 

         I flip through the first page and on the side of of the cover had written "Agnessa's Journal, Born April 2, 1991, Daughter of Dmitri and Alexandria Kovalik." The handwriting indicated that Agnessa was young when she first started writing in this journal.  The first page written intrigued me, the large vocabulary used from this girl was astonishing, the date written was July 1, 2001 and she must of been around 9 or 10 when she wrote this.

       July 1, 2001

        Dear Journal,

        Daddy got me this new journal and told me to write down my thought and record my life moments down for some unknown reason. He told me that i'm almost at that age and my life is on the line? I found it very odd that he'd tell me that, especially at my age. Just after he gave me the journal he yelled at me for some reason, I read a dictionary or some sort of book one day and my daddy has the same symptoms described in the book, I think it was bipolar disorder?

        Later that day I went to my mom (who home schooled me) and  a large variety of books were immediately thrown right in front of me, they mainly contained chemistry, literature, philosophy, and politics. My mom would yell at me whenever I wouldn't understand anything, how could I? It's very challenging for me, especially at my age group. Usually kids my age would play, go to regular school, and have easy things to learn. But then there's me, who has to be forced to learn things more challenging than what she was required to do. 

        This afternoon my mom removed my computer, toys, and t.v. from my room and said "These things distract you from your education. Really Agnessa? A B+ on your test on your quiz on philosophy and politics?  you need to maintain your grades and these things are making it difficult to reach to that goal in having a successful career." I cried all night knowing that everything that made me feel like a kid and having a normal childhood was taken away.

    Later that night I woke up to hear my parents arguing about something moronic, well what I thought was meaningless. My dad kept telling my mom that his friends were coming over for a meeting and she said that it wouldn't be safe for me and it'll just only put me in a place were I wasn't needed for. The next thing I heard was a smacking sound and a large thud on the floor. My mother sobbing echoed through the house and my dad just got angrier... I don't know what happened next and it makes me wonder what they were talking about and why was it so important that my dad had to hurt my mom? 

    Sincerely, 

Agnessa "

         Once I finished reading the journal I thought about  how Agnessa portrayed her parents. They were very strict and threw many things that she wasn't ready to learn at her age. I just wonder if she ever got the childhood she always wanted, she seemed a bit desperate to  live a normal life and thrived for freedom and a childhood. 

        But what made me a bit curious was the fact that her parent would argue and her parents didn't seem normal. How she defined how her dad was bipolar, I was desperate to read more but it was already getting late. I shoved the journal and photos back into the box and put it in a place no one would find. I turned off the light and fell into a deep sleep.