Chapter 31

Micheel's POV

“SO, BAKIT MU'KO SINISIGAWAN, AH?!”

“hindi ako gaya mo, ok? I actually forgive people, I give them second chances, and I believe what they say because it might actually be true. Have you ever thought for once in your life that maybe you could be wrong?! That what you think could be wrong?! Seriously Zane. Just because muntikan na niyang mapatay yung mahal mo ganunn mo na siya kamunhiyan? Have you ever thought of the fact na maaring nagbago na siya? That was freshman year for god sakes Zane! I have the right to talk to anybody. Naalala mo pa ba yung pesteng contract na ginawa mo dati? Remember? hindi mo ako mapipigilan na hindi makipag usap sa kanya. Actually si Eyann lang naman ang kaisa-isa kong naging true friend simula nung lumipat ako sa school niyo. so pwede ba Zane tigilan mo pagkontra sa akin, Leave me alone!”

All of this came out in one breath and for a few minutes, it was silent. I didn’t want to look at him. I didn’t even want to be in the same car as him but I needed to get home.

And as Zane started the engine and I turned my head towards the window…

I cried. Pinaka ayaw ko yung umiiyak ako, kasi tingin ko nagiging weak ako sa mga tao and I hated looking at my red splotchy face in the mirror as I washed my face. And this time I was crying because I was so mad.

I was so angry at Zane. Did he really think he could just tell me who to hang out with and who to talk to? Did he always think that he was right all of the time? I was so sick of him and here I thought that I could’ve liked him. Maybe that was the real reason that I was crying.

Akala ko pa naman magugustuhan niya ako and that he actually cared

pero mali pala ....

When we got home I immediately ran to the bathroom and took a shower. I felt so dirty and disgusting, especially after my argument with Zane. After a long hot shower I went into my room and took out my jewelry box. Inside was a sapphire ring that my grandma gave to me before she died, and Zane’s necklace. My jewelry box wasn’t just for any jewelry you know. It only consists of the most important jewelry of my life. And these two were the only ones. At least, it used to be.

kinuha ko yung necklace na bigay sa akin ni Zane pagkatapos nun tinapon ko siya sa trashcan.. naiinis na talaga ako sa kanya =='

Zane’s POV:

I pulled up my car to Oceanpearl, a club which I’ve never even been to but I didn’t even care anymore. Sitting down on a vacant barstool, I immediately ordered a beer.   

How could she? I mean, after all that I’ve told her. About my past and everything. I didn’t share that to ANYONE. And to think na pinagkatiawalaan ko siya! Sinabi ko naman sa kanya na layuan nya si Eyann for her own good and here she goes again, getting herself into trouble. But then lagi nalang niya binibring up yung FUCKING Contract na ginawa ko dati! >.<

I guess I have been violating it and all but I was doing it for the goodness of things. It wasn’t for evil at all.

But Micheel cried. I never saw that side of her before. Even the times when my yelling was even worse she didn’t even shed a single tear. But now that I’ve erupted again…is it possible that things have changed since the last time I yelled at her and now? hindi kaya....…

No. No waymagkagusto sa akin si Micheel. She hates me. At least, now she hates me even more…

God dammit, bakit ba lagi nalang siya yung naiisip ko? I seriously need to stop this…

The only reason I’m mad is because she wore Eyann’s necklace and not mine. She never even wore mine except for that night when I got it for her and the wedding day. I don’t even know where she put it…

And with that, I ordered myself another drink. I drank until I could stop thinking about her. I drank until her image disappeared from my mind. I drank until my feelings for her vanished from my heart.

But Micheel and I both know that at this point in our marriage…

That was impossible.

Micheel’s POV:

After spending some time in my room, I suddenly came to realize that Zane wasn’t home. Not that I should care though. But when I went to bed he still wasn’t home. I lay snuggled under my blankets, wondering where he was. And soon, Ewan ko pero nag aalala na ako sa lalaking yun..

ng biglang mag ring yung phone ko

“Hello?”

“Hello? Is this Micheel?” sabi nung lalaki sa phone

"Yes, it is. Is something wrong?” tanong ko

"Yes, actually there is. You see, your husband, Zane Monroe, is at Club Oceanpearl right now, and-"

“Is he drunk?” di ko na siya pinatapos, kasi tinanong ko kung lasing ba si zane

“Yes. You were the first one on his speed dial so the manager thought that calling you would be best. Could you come pick him up?” sabi nung lalaki

Ako yung nangunguna sa speed dial ni Zane? O_o

“Yes. I’ll be there as soon as I can”

I got dressed quickly, but then I realized that I didn’t have a ride. I walked down to the nearest bus stop and took a bus to Oceanpearl. People were still outside, waiting to get in, when it was like what? 3m?

Nangpag pasok ko sa Club, nakita ko na si Zane, His cheek was on the countertop, his eyes closed. His back was hunched over and a glass of beer was still in his hand. The guy was standing next to him and his face brightened when he saw me,

“Great! You’re here! I’ll leave him to you then?” sabi nung lalaki, siguro siya yung manager dito