Chapter 36

Micheel’s POV:

When I got back to school most of my injuries and bruises very lightly visible. I considered them minor, but I was still limping a bit and my arm had a few troubles every once in a while. Despite Zane’s disagreement on Eyann’s claims, nakikipag usap parin ako sa kanya. And Zane learned not to care about what I did. But sometimes I couldn’t help but notice a disappointed expression on his face as I walked past him to talk to Eyann.

“Oy Eyann” tawag ko kay Eyann

"Oh, Micheel nanjan ka pala" Eyann

“Uhm, hindi eh”

"Ganun ba? great then, puntahan kita pag tapos na klase ko" Eyann

"Huh? bakit?"

“Micheel, im asking you out, dapat Yes ang sagot mo" Eyann

"A d-date?”

Gusto ba talaga niya ako?

Should I trust him and believe that he’s out of the clutches of Tiffany?

Or should I still keep my guard up?

“Yeah. I mean, I thought it was kind of obvious. With the kiss and all…” Eyann

“Oh…well…sige, kung gusto mo talaga” sabi ko, di ko siya kayang i-dissapointed, Somewhere, in the back of my mind, I immediately thought of Zane and how he could feel about me. But then I thought about how I should let loose a little bit and make the most of my high school love life. I barely have anything for that topic, so might as well give it a try.

It wouldn’t hurt, would it?

 When the bell rang, I rushed to class. nung paglabas ko sa room nabigla ako sa nakita ko

Si Zane at si Jennifer nag hahalikan sa corner

Zane must be taking the meaning of the contract into his own hands as well…

I remember a few months ago when he was doing this exact same thing and I didn’t care about it at all.

But Now, I did care. And I couldn’t believe that he went back to his playboy ways. Just like that. Then what had happened at the dinner party? Him saving me from Tiffany beating me to death, him crying because of me, him taking care of my injuries and helping me get to bed.

Him kissing me goodnight.

As I walked into the classroom, Zane broke away from Jennifer. He said something to her before she strutted back to her seat. She smirked at me before reaching down to get something out of her backpack. During class, I felt Zane’s stare press through my back. It was so strong that I could literally feel it pierce through me. I turned back to look at him and our eyes met for a while. I didn’t know if he was sorry, or guilty for making out with another girl for so long. And I wasn’t sure if I was mad or even disappointed in him for placing his lips on another girl’s when I craved for them myself.

Strangely admitting it, I did crave for his full on kiss. But I doubt that would ever happen in this lifetime, not at this pace.

 Now I couldn’t wait till school ends.

Zane’s POV:

When I got to class that morning I felt grumpy. Like how I usually felt nowadays for some reason. Ever since I gave Micheel that kiss goodnight, things have been…different between us. I can’t describe it, but in my defense, it just came out of no where. I couldn’t help myself. She looked so helpless…

Anyway, now I kind of regret having Micheel and I sign that stupid little contract in the first place. I can’t stop her from talking to other guys, such as Eyann, and this very fact drives me crazy. I know that his involvement with Tiffany still exists but I didn’t want to have an argument with her. So my only option was to protect her at all costs on whatever next move she makes.

Then maybe Micheel will finally learn her lesson about ME being right…

So anyway, that morning I was so grumpy about something – I didn’t really know what – that when Jennifer asked me if she could make out with me I didn’t even care anymore. And besides, I really have been cooped up for way too long. Time to let loose man.

Pero nung nakita ko si Micheel na pumasok, I really couldn’t think. Why do I feel like I just got caught cheating? Is it because she’s my wife and I know it? I just felt like she was going to come over here and slap Jennifer in the face, and then turn to slap ME in the face as well.

But that didn’t happen. Instead, she just walked over to her own seat, not even looking at me. This made me feel strangely disappointed. It would’ve been nice and “wifey” of her to come over here and slap Jennifer in the face.

Or baka naman gusto ko lang siyang makitang mag selos?

Any who, throughout the remainder of class I couldn’t stop staring at her. What was she thinking when she saw me and Jennifer making out like whores?

Did she want to come over here but hesitated? Did she even see?

may pakialam ba talaga siya?

Either way, I couldn’t peel my eyes away from her and for the longest time. I longed for her to look back and just give me a smile. Just one simple smile would tell me that she was ok. But when she finally did turn around all she did was look at me and then turned back around. Her expression blank.

Soon, I had eventually snapped myself out of it and went back to reality but that strange, unknowing feeling stayed with me until the dismissal bell rang. As I was making my way to my car, Nakita ko si Micheel na ibang direction yung pupuntahan niya

palayo sa kotse ko

lalabas na sana ako sa kotse tas pupuntaha ko siya

But then I soon realized where she was heading to. A white convertible, parked on the other side of the lot. Also known as…

Eyann's Car.... O__O BAKIT?