1.5

TO: m.white@gmail.com

FROM: aj.white@gmail.com

SUBJECT: Stella stands up

DATE: September 1
---------------------------------------------

"Aah!" The man in the Turboblast commercial says loudly, Turboblast dripping from his lips as sweat drips down his face.

"Turboblast, the drink of champions. Turboblast." On of the sponsors says in the commercial.

"Welcome to our first assembly in our new gym, generously funded by our school sponsor, TurboBlast. Drink of champions. Yeah." Principal Brenigan holds up a Turboblast proudly.

"Whoo! You the man, Brenigan." A student yells.

"Right there, that. That's good, Phil." Brenigan points at a football player.

"Thanks." The students yells back.

"Our assembly today is about . . . Are you ready? . . . personal empowerment." Principal Brenigan looks proud.

"Hi." A brunette and blond cheerleader stand in front of Stella.

"Hi." Stella says awkwardly.

"That's right. Dig deep inside, find the power within . . ." Brenigan's speech continues.

"Why don't you, uh, find another seat?" The blond cheerleader smirks, expecting for Stella to move like everybody else would.

"Why don't you make me?" Stella snaps.

". . . excel not only on the field, they excel in life." Brenigan continues, not seeing what is happening on the new bleachers.

"All right, move it." Ray ushers some students out of the way to make a spot for the cheerleaders next to his spot.

"Come on." Ray gestures for the cheerleaders to sit next to him.

"What a freak." The brunette cheerleader scoffs, sitting down next to the blonde cheerleader and Ray.

"A student who's willing to take risks. An empowered student. And by empowerment, I mean going above and beyond what's expected of you." Principal Brenigan says.

"You want empowered students?" Stella asks rhetorically.

"Now, I know it's all within you, and you know it is as well." Brenigan says, looking out at his students.

"Then you're gonna get them." Stella states.

"On behalf of TurboBlast, all our coaches—" Stella interrupts Brenigan's speech.

"My shirt, my decision. Okay? Don't let your school take away your rights. Okay? Be heard. Use your voice." Stella yells, catching the attention of everybody in the gym.

"Come on." Ray groans loudly.

"He can't tell you what to wear, who to be." Stella says, mentioning Principal Brenigan.

"Let's go." Principal Brenigan ushers the school sponsors out of the gym.

"You can wear what you want. We can wear whatever we want." Stella says, shouting.

"Whoo!" Some students cheer for Stella.

"Come on. Sit down." Ray tries to get Stella to sit down.

"I can wear my own T-shirt. Wear whatever kind of shirt you want. Today, tomorrow . . ." Stella shouts.

-AJ White