Cautious Words

Notes - So I was debating whether or not to post this chapter yet but I decided that I would. Again don't forget to vote, comment, share, fan, add to your library; all that good stuff. I'm still sticking with the suspense and mystery because I want to reveal things slowly; give you all the chance to ponder the plot ect ect. I welcome your guesses. Anyway this is at 88 on the What's hot list so thank you all for your support. Enjoy. xoxo

Samael's POV

-Cautious Words-

The corridor outside Lilith's retro suite was as dingy as it was narrow; with paisley yellow paper pasted walls lit only by the glare of one dusty light bulb hanging down the hallway - the dank atmosphere matched Hayl's mood and personality completely.

His dark indigo blue eyes bore into mine with annoyance as his spindly grey eyebrows arched into a frown; causing new wrinkles to form upon his aging face. I knew what was coming and I wished he would just get it over with, so that I could go back to comforting Lilith; I hated leaving her in such a state of upset - even if Hayl disapproved of our closeness.

I didn't care what he thought. I could take care of myself and seriously he was delusional thinking that Lilith was a threat; to me - to anyone.

"Do not underestimate her Samael!" Hayl responded to my unspoken thoughts as if he had actually heard them, sometimes I wondered if mind reading was also one of his gifts; along with the numerous others that he possessed.

His lecture went just as I expected, full of warnings that made no sense; insisting that I distance myself away from Lilith as once - for my own safety. Maybe if he had given me some valid reasons I would have taken his warnings seriously; but he seemed to have no reasons or explanations to support his delusional theory - or at least none that he was willing to share.

He was also immensely interested in Lilith's memory loss, wanting to know exactly what she had said since waking up; I edited out the part where I had almost kissed her - knowing that this would only add fuel to Hayl's flame.

Besides, quite honestly I was becoming tiresome of the conversation; I wanted to go back to comforting Lilith - she was much easier on than eyes than Hayl was and much better company, even when sobbing or sleeping. Hayl was all doom and gloom; which soon became immensely predicable and dreary.

He must have sensed my attention slipping, or maybe my ignorance towards his cautious words was evident in my eyes; because he turned away from me with an aggravated grunt and began tugging against the tarnished brass door knob on the old oak door to Lilith's retro suite.

"It WON'T OPEN!" He announced furiously whilst fanatically jerking the tarnished brass door knob and rusty latch; his dark indigo blue eyes wild with annoyance.

Bored of watching him struggle I pushed him out of the way, unable to resist the roll of my eyes as the wooden oak door immediately swung open as soon as I twisted the tarnished handle; amused by his raised eyebrows and the simplicity of the task that Hayl made look so difficult.

But then I saw her.

Lying head first upon the carpeted floor in the centre of the room and the amusement vanished and was replaced with panic.

I rushed over to her, whilst those invisible daggers once again pierced at my heart.