-Guilt-

Samael's POV

-Guilt-

I saw the hurt in her bright chlorine eyes as I tore myself away from her, feeling immensely frustrated with myself, that I hadn't kissed her - that I almost had.

It had been three nights since the rescue, three nights since I had cradled her in my arms, three nights that I had worriedly watched her sleep soundly; Hayl had warned me not too - but I hadn't listened. His warnings made no sense, he said she was a threat - how could somebody as frail and innocent looking as her be a threat?

She oozed vulnerability. The same vulnerability she had during those heart breaking moments when I thought she wouldn't make it, right after we had released her from the glitzy icy mass that entombed her frail delicate body - I couldn't comprehend how anybody could survive such entrapment. Not even somebody of our kind...

Especially not somebody as small and delicate as her.

As I reluctantly turned my gaze upon Hayl entering the retro suite I was intensely aware of a chilling sting along my jaw line where Lilith's affectionate fingertips had travelled; but I ignored the sensation as it wasn't an unpleasant one and instead greeted Hayl with a formal nod.

"She awake now?" he questioned gruffly motioning to the ancient bed where she lay and I perched.

There was no need for me to answer him though because when Hayl walked into Lilith's view she flinched, sitting up rigidly hugging her knees towards her body protectively, as she stared wide eyed at him like a scared little child.

And this was the girl Hayl claimed to be a threat, I thought mockingly.

"Why are you afraid young Lilith?" he queried, confusion evident in every quavering word as he edged closer and closer towards her trembling body.

Lilith's only response was the clear wet liquid that poured from her bright chlorine blue eyes. Automatically I wrapped my arms around her sympathetically pulling her tiny body towards my own, protectively shielding her away from Hayl's vision.

"She doesn't remember who she is Hayl, she didn't even know her own name." I explained quickly to Hayl's manic expression, flinching at the sight of his dark scrutiny, of his dark indigo blue eyes that bore into mine with hatred.

"A WORD SAMAEL OUTSIDE NOW!" he bellowed manically startling Lilith so much she flinched and let out a little frightened gasp.

Without looking at her I reluctantly peeled my arms away from her frightened frame and followed Hayl out of the retro suite as a thousand invisible daggers stabbed my heart with guilt.

-X-