-Dread-

Lilith's POV

-Dread-

It was impossible to control the tears that rained slowly down my cheeks, to resist the tremors that flowed through my body like liquid fear; Samael acting as a metal shield could not pacify the dreadful terror that Hayl's presence possessed.

He was no longer in my sight but his appearance haunted my conscious; his grey spindly hair paired with years of knowledge etched into his skin in the form of wrinkles, his oval indigo blue eyes that held so much hatred - everything about him screamed danger.

I longed for the safe confinement of my icy tomb; its hard glittery transparency could protect me from Hayl's menace -Samael's strong arms that draped around my quaking body could not!

I tried to recall distance memories to make sense of my fear; of my understanding of the danger evident with Hayl's existence - but all my memories held were ice.

Samael obeyed Hayl's frightful commands; his durable arms recoiling away from the embrace he held me in, before shadowing Hayl's steps away from me.

I heard the rusty click of a lock bolting as they both left me alone in the confinement of the ancient hotel room.

A surge of relief flowed through my body as I registered the distance and entrapment away from Hayl; but at the same time I feared for Samael - I wanted him inside my safe confinement too.

I heard their distance murmurs behind the closed wooden door that separated us but I couldn't hear the words with enough clarity; I needed to know the reason Hayl was angry at Samael - was he in danger, was it because of me?

I freed myself of the brown woollen blanket that covered my body, plunging my bare feet into the thick red carpet, marvelling at the textures between my toes as I pushed my quavering body into a stance; I needed to get closer to the ancient oak door so that I could eavesdrop on their heated conversation.

I took slow small careful paces towards the oak coloured door, making sure my footsteps were feather soft which was very difficult because nervous tremors still flowed through my body like a river.

While gazing down at my bare feet to help steady my steps my eyes recorded the dirty cotton dress that hung loosely to my frame; it was grey in colour but I suspected it was once white. I halted in my steps, clutching the bottom of my dirty dress, examining the dark stains that adorned the flimsy fabric as a sense of dread gushed through my conscious, so powerful that it knocked my feet from underneath me.

My knees grazed against the thick red carpet as I plunged to the ground reaching my hands out to break my fall, but I wasn't fast enough to prevent my forehead from making harsh contact with the carpeted floor with a painful smack.

The ache in my forehead masked the burning sensation in my knees but wasn't enough to cloud the feeling of muddled dread that coursed through my mind as I lay frozen on the carpeted ground.

Notes - Thanks for all the comments and votes so far. I'd luv to know what you all think so far. What do you think is wrong with Lilith? Is Samael safe with Hayl? Will he eventually kiss Lilith? Should Lilith be scared of Hayl? xoxo