Is there something to eat?

Brook's POV

"Jack where were you?" As soon as I heard Jack's name my heart starts to beat quickly, I'm afraid to turn to see him but I have to.
After our kiss, he just left and left me in the room without any explanation. I don't know if he repents, if I don't like him, if I disgusted him, if I likes him, I don't know anything and I'm scared, I don't want things to go bad between us.
I completely ignore what Nicole says, the new neighbor and look where Ryan is.
"I just went for a walk around there" his voice is a little tired.

He doesn't turn to look at me and I wonder if he knows I'm here. I follow him with my eyes and see how he opens the fridge, take out orange juice and serve a little. Nicole, seeing that I don't pay attention, she gets up and sits next to Ryan.
"Jack, she's Nicole, the neighbor," says Ryan. I don't know why he didn't say it before.
"Sorry I hadn't seen you" then he approaches her and says "I'm Jack"
"Nice to meet you" says Nicole and my heart breaks with every second that Jack doesn't look at me.
I stop concentrating on Jack and I concentrate on my phone and when I realize in the room we only left Jack, Nicole and me.

I ignore the situation and I approach to the new neighbor, she's so nice, I like her. We talk for a long time and it seems like such a good girl, at least she distracts me from Jack and what will happen when we talk about what happened this morning.

*Next day*

Like the night before, I couldn't sleep almost anything, the subject of Jack is not allowing me. I need to talk to Andy about this but last night I saw him for two seconds and he didn't look good so I'm going to give him his space. I know that andy doesn't tell me everything as I do and I also know that something is happening with him lately.

But anyway, my plans for today are to stay in my room as long as possible and wait for Jack to come and talk about it, I don't want to be the one to go see him because I don't feel it right. He was the one who left me here without any explanation, I think he should come to see me. However I'm afraid that I won't do it, I am afraid of so many things and I am tired of this, I feel more trapped than in my whole life when I should feel differently.
I turn on the Xbox and I start playing FIFA to not think for a while and that's how it happened for hours as always.

* 01: 38 pm *

I feel my stomach make noise because of the hunger I have, I hadn't thought about that I have to eat so I put the game on pause and go to the kitchen, maybe the boys cooked something and if they didn't I will eat whatever there is .
I walk down the hall and just before starting down the stairs, Jack is climbing them. I stand for a second and he also slow down a bit.
"Hey" I say and I feel my voice tremble.
"Hey" he keeps going up until we face each other, I still haven't moved from the place. Jack is much taller than me but at this moment I am taller than him thanks to the step where I am.

"Is there something to eat?" I ask stupidly.
"Yes, I just cooked something, I was going to look for my phone" he points up, I nod and let him pass by me.
I don't want to have lunch with Jack, it's too much for me but I think I'm going to have to support it because if we're both alone it can mean that we talk about what happened. I finish down the stairs and enter the kitchen, there is an exquisite smell. Jack cooks so well. I try to guess what I cook until he goes back into the kitchen. We don't say anything, I just take out dishes while he finishes cooking, we both sit on the island in silence and start eating.

"The boys?" I ask after a while.
"They left" is his only answer and the rest of the lunch we are in silent, it's a tense silence, I want to speak on repeated occasions but I don't get the words, I hate that things are like that with Jack.
We finished eating and left our dishes to wash.
And without saying anything we all go to his room, we finish climbing the stairs and I see how Jack turns to the left and I can't let this be that way.
"Jack" I try to stop him but he doesn't.
"Jack" I insist, this time grabbing his arm then something happens that I didn't expect to happen at all.

Jack's POV

I don't understand what is going on in my head at any time, since I saw Brook on the stairs and then I had lunch with him I have the uncontrollable desire to kiss him, the kiss that we had yesterday doesn't leave my head, I was literally thinking about all the night and only in that, on his lips. Honestly I think it's just my desire to kiss someone but I don't know and I don't want to think about that now. I just want to get away from Brook to stop wanting to kiss him.
We finished climbing the stairs and turned to my room as quickly as possible when I heard Brooklyn say my name, I ignore him as I can until he takes my arm so I can't control myself anymore.

I turn around and take his face in my hands to clash my lips against his, both are leaning on the railing. Brook at first doesn't know what to do because he doesn't react to my kiss but after a second he takes my waist and start to move his lips against mine, it feels so good. I want to kiss Brooklyn for hours and I think that's what I'm going to do, at this moment I'm not interested in anything more than this. I stop the kiss and look at Brook in the eyes before saying.
"Come on" and I'll take him to my room because his is surely a disaster.