Chapter 4 Part 3

He stopped at a local diner and we both got out.

I went inside the diner, Austin following me. It was one of those retro diners who never do any rebuilding, to keep the authenti

city of it. We sat at a corner, to a more secluded part of it. A young looking waitress approached us.

"What would you like to have?" She asked Austin with a flirtatious smile.

"Two chocolate sundaes.", He responded not even paying the slightest attention to her.

She walked off with our order, rejection reflecting off of her face. Is this guy really oblivious. Maybe is an act, you know 'play hard to get'.

A sudden sound of thunder, broke me off my thoughts.

I caught a couple shamelessly kissing from the corner of my eyes. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. Public affection wasnt something I grew fond of.

"Its rude to stare", Austin stated.

I was pretty sure my face was the color of a tomato.

"I wasnt staring", I denied looking down not wanting to meet his eyes.

"Have you kissed anyone?"

I snapped my head up to look at Austin.

"A'oothu Billa, no, Astaghfirulla, are you seriously asking me that?" 

"GEEZ relax with the Arabic, is not like I asked you for a kiss."

I instantly felt my face heat up. My heartbeat increasing slightly.

"Your blushing", He said with a smirk forming.

How did he..He can't even see me.

"Your eyes gives you away, your emotions literally gilts off of em", He said as a matter of fact. 

I stared at him, narrowing my eyes,

"Oh yeah what am I doing now?", I asked him, grinning widely, trying to keep my eyes emotionless.

He rolled his eyes. "You probably   smiling like a idiot."

"How about now?", I asked sticking my tongue out.

"Um, for sure something silly."

"Your wrong I was still smiling" I lied not wanting him to gloat.

"Right" He smirked.

I was more than relieved when the waitresses came over with our ice creams.She placed our bowls down and left without another word.

I looked at my sundae, the chocolate syrup was oozing off the top making my mouth water. I quickly took a spoonful, lifting my niqab just enough. I hung ny head back once the cold creamyness hit my tongue. 'mmm' this taste so good.

"I'm glad you like it." Austin laughed  shaking his head.

"This is too good, we should come here often."  I took another spoonful

"Sure, I suppose this place would pass for a second date!"

I nearly spit my ice-cream out. What this isn't a date, is it?

"This.isn't.a.date." I sated emphasizing between words.

"Yes.it.is" He mimicked me.

"And I also expect a kiss at the end of it"

This time I actually spit my ice cream out. I quickly snatched a napkin off the table wiping my mouth and the wet stain in niqab.

"That was really graceful", Austin said sarcastically.

"Sorry" I managed to say.

My mind went back to his earlier comment. I felt queasy once the thought hit me. A Kiss? Was he serious.

"You done", He asked me, I nodded in return.

A sense of nausea washed over me. Suddenly my heavenly tasting, sundae didn't look so appetizing.

"Lets go, it's getting late." I got up and  went out desperate in need of fresh air.

He paid and followed me out. We both got into his car without a word. Again the silence getting to me.

"Your house?" He asked.

I nodded afraid no word would come out if I spoke.

"What your suddenly mute now" He sneered.

"Just tired" I told him the words coming off as a low wisper. 

In about fifteen minute, I noticed the familiar sight of my neighborhood.

"You can stop here", I gestured with my hand. 

He looked around.

"Why? your house is a block away" .

"I know I just don't  wanna be caught seen with you."

"Ouch" He said faking a hurt tone.

"Am I that embarrassing to be seen with?", he continued.

"Ah yeah, I have a reputation to hold", I shrugged playing along.

I quickly got off the car the and walked over to the sidewalk to notice Austin getting off.

"I'l walk you, its dark", he walked off before I could argue.

I followed him, trying to keep a safe distance between us.

I kept glancing here and there, hoping no one was around. We reached two houses away from mine.

"I can walk from here, and thanks, I had fun" I awkwardly said.

Is that something you say to 'friends' after going out. I cursed myself mentally for my lack of socializing.

"Aren't you forgetting something!" Austin said come close to me.

Ya Allah, what have i gotten myself into. 

He stared at me for a few second, his eyes piercing into mine. His face held a mischievous look that frightened me. He leaned forward, his face inches away from mine. I my legs froze in place unable to move. My heartbeat getting heavier by seconds. I shut my eyes tightly, as if thats going to stop him.

I felt a hot flash hit me as his thump brushed against my cheeks over my niqab. The nerves in my arms were tingling at his touch.

"Good Night Beautiful"  He whispered, his warm lips brushing against my lips, under my niqab. My whole body lit up, as if I was on fire. He walked away, leaving me in disbelieve.

When my mind register what just happened, I hurriedly ran to my house, straight to my room, afraid my mom would notice something.