Chapter 3

*****so this is sort of informative chapter. It might get boring but sorry it has to be out there*****

Chapter 3

"BEEEEEEEEPPPPP...."  6:25. I hit the snooze button on ny alarm, it's definitely a sound I hate waking upto! I pulled my covers over my head reluctant to get up!Even if it's just 5 min I want to savor it.

I unwillingly hopped out of my bed to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and I took a shower, letting the hot water release my tensions away. After fifteen minutes I walked out of the bathroom with a sigh. I blow dried my long brown hair, somethng I inherited from my mom.

I made my way to the closet picking out a random sweatpant and tshirt. And now for my abaya I thought. I personally think getting dressed, abaya or not is must! I take extra precaution in what I wore and how I looked! I put on a grey fall down lose abaya and wrapped a belt around it! Next, I applied my makeup, making my eyes look natural yet standout!  I wrapped my hijab around my head securing pins where necessary! I grabbed my bag, phone and Niqab and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

I saw Abba, my brother and little sister siting at the table, while mom was cooking something!

I sat down grabbing an apple. My brother nodded acknowledging my presence. Lets just say we are defiantly not morning people. My little sisters eyes beamed when she saw me!

"Good morning Dathi (what she calls me meaning big sister)" She said enthusiastically!

"Hey Mornin khad, your up early"  I replied. Katija was just five. She had brown hair and big brown eyes, and was fair skinned, like me and mom.

She was born in America while me and Javid was born back in Libya. We moved to America ten years back when I was seven and Javid was 11. And ever since we settled here, making it our home! Although mom adjusts her lifestyle here, Abba was finding it difficult, though he don't show it. He made decent money, like okay more than decent, he was a neurologist! And my brother following in his footsteps. 

"Lets eat" said my mother keeping two big plates of pancakes on the table!

My mouth savored in the delicious smell. I quickly started eating. Woah I didn't know I was this hungry.

'Ding' 

"Oh that must be from the hospital I asked someone to deliver some files" Abba said getting up annoyed.

"I'll get it you eat Abba" I said moving my chair. I of all people in this house knew Abba doesnt like to be interrupted when he eats. I put on my Niqab and walked toward the front door.

My mouth dropped open in shock when I opened the door. AUSTIN

"Hey sexy" He said leaning on the door frame.

"And these are for you beautiful" He said holding out a bunch of roses.

"Put that down" I said pushing the roses away clearly panicking.

"Why so nerv..."

"Who are you Young man?" Abba asked behind me.

I froze in place. I am so dead and the look on Austin's face said he was thinking the exact same thing

"Uh...I..I..I..bought you this Sir. Uh I live nearby and I picked it out of my garden" He said holding out the roses.

I for one have never seen Austin so nervous, he was usually so confident  that it beamed off of him even thought he was full of it. And seeing him like this, was amusing. Zainab likely likely. I smiled inside my head keeping a poker face.

"Really?" Abba asked eyeing him and then the rose.

"Yes sir, sorry but am late for school I'll see you around sir bye" he said rushing off.

Okay that was weird I thought.

"Is he Gay?" Abba asked handing me the flowers.

"I think so" I said holding my laughter.

"He is probably your age right, Kids these days are so bizarre"

"I think he likes you, Age is just a number Abba" I said trying not to laugh.

Abba stared at me with a scared expression and walked back to the dinning room.

I followed him laughing behind. I finished my breakfast. I Said my Salam to everyone and walked out of my house.

Once I stepped outside the cool September air greeted me. As soon as the cold wind hit me my cheeks rosed as I shivered hugging my sweater closer. Definitely too cold for September I thought, well junior this year, senior next and am off to college. Maybe somewhere sunny I hate winter! I hesitantly continued walking! Note to-self beg Mr.Johnston to approve my license, and Dont call him a fat monkey for making me drive faster. Okay I panicked, the cones were so small to drive around.

"Okay so your dad and me...not going to happen" A familiar voice broke my thoughts.

I turned around to see Austin leaning against a light post. How did I miss him, I'm really absent minded.

"Oh look who it is, I didn't actually think you're a gardening type of person" I said getting a sheepish look from him

"I panicked okay, your dad looks like a troll"

"WHAT?" I asked him in disbelief. Did he just call Abba a TROLL.

"No No Not like that, he is just big like...like shrek"

I gave him a 'Really You Kidding Me' look.

"No not that he is ugly he is actually good looking for someone who is old" he retreated.

"Seriously Austin you know how gay you sound?" I asked enjoying his nervousness.

"What I meant was that he is big and you know tall like very tall, trolls are big and tall right! he asked unsure of himself.

"Right ok, whatever" I said leaving him there and continued walking.

"Wait please" he called after me.

Thats it. I turned around and walked towards him.

"WHAT.DO.YOU.WANT?" I snapped at him.

"You...I mean Us...I mean..." he stutter taken back by my outburst.

"Friends. I want us to be Friends."

I looked at him unsure shifting my feet.

"Seriously Just.Friends" He said noticing my discomfort.

"Fine ok" I said signing.

"Really? that's it?" He asked hopefully.

"Yup, and now please stop following me, it may send the wrong idea, I know people from this street." I said before I walked away.

Vote and Comment