Chapter 4 Part 1

Sorry this chapter isn't edited. Pardon me if there is mistakes.Enjoy

Chapter 4

*****At school *****

Zainab's POV

I walked through the crowded hall towards my locker. I unlocked it and took my books out right on cue the bell rang. I shut my locker and made my way to my first period. English Literature.

The whole morning classes were so flat and dead. Since it was just first  week of school everyone was just getting settled. It was mostly all lesson summaries of last year. For what seemed like an eternity the bell for lunch rang. I made my way to through boisterous cafeteria. I groaned at the sight of the lunch line. and grabbed the first thing I saw and paid. Noticing Inaya waving at me I walked toward her and sat down.

"Asalamualaikum", She greeted me.

"Walaikum salam",  I replied already digging into my delicious cheese sandwich. Mmmm Cheese.

A group of laughter erupted, I looked around to see what the noise was. A bunch of cheerleaders and football guys were laughing. Typical. My eyes landed on big lack eyes, Austin, I quickly averted my gaze.

"Where you going? Lunch isn't over.", I asked Inaya noticing her get up.

"Me istory teacher call me. He wants me learn America's istory. Ya Allah.", She said rolling her eyes.

"Oh ok then see you." I waved her off.

Right when Inaya left Austin walked over to me, as if he was waiting for just that.

"God I thought she'd never leave." He said sitting in front of me.

So he was waiting for that. I felt his eyes on me. Consciously I looked at him. Why is he staring at me.

"What?", I asked him.

"Um...uh...you...you have cheese on your mask.", He said motioning toward my niqab.

My whole face flared up in embarsement. I quickly got a napkin and wiped it.

"Not there, here.", He said reaching across the table.

Before I realised what was happening, I felt his finger on top my niqab. I stood still not knowing what to do. I've never been this close to a guy, and this one was touching. Well not me technical but my niqab. I started panicking looking anywhere but him.

"There got it." He looked up at me.

His eyes met mine, staring intensely, I stared back. He moved close to me. My ear heated up feeling his warm breath. My whole body shuddered.

"Beautiful." He whispered in my ears, I felt like my heart jumped out of my chest. This is so haram(forbidden in Islam) I thought.

I felt self conscious and moved back. He noticed my discomfort and did the same.

What is wrong with me. I should've pushed him away. Why is he so clam as if non of this bothered him. Right he is probably used to girls being close to him, heck they probably are all over him. Ew why am I thinking about that.

"Hello?" He waved his hand in front of me.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked clearing my thoughts.

"I was wondering if your going to the game today ".

"No. I don't know how football works." I said getting up.

I emptied my tray and right on cue the bell rang.

"What do you have next?" He asked.

"Chemistry Double"

"Il walk you"

"What do you have next?" I mimicked his question.

"The coach wanted all the guys to practice for an important game this week il be getting my schedule next week.

"Lucky you", I murmured under my niqab.

"No not lucky me I injured my knee in practice, so I won't be playing today." He said looking genuinely hurt.

"Your taking this football thing way too serious, it's just a sport."

"I'm waiting for a football scholarship, playing for a college team and hopefully nationals. So it's not just a sport to me. He said looking annoyed.

I looked at him astonished. Wow he got all that figured. Suddenly I felt guilty.

"You could come to the game with me if you want, since I'm not playing il teach you how it works!" He said with so much excitement.

He looked at me hopefully. Should I go, it's just a game right, i've never been to one. Just one game.

"Ok" I blurted out.

"But no funny businesses" I strictly sated knowing the reputation Austin held.

"I'm offended you would even think I'd pull something like that" He said faking a hurt tone.

I shot him a knowing look.

"Relax babe, your not my type" He said casually.

Ouch. Way to step on a girls ego.

"So should I pick you up at 7?" He turned to face me, stopping infront of the classroom.

"Ah no it's okay, il just meet you at school grounds."

I definitely wouldnt want mom to see him.

"Oh Ok so ya then"  He said waking off.

I walked inside the classroom. I noticed every one has settled in. I quickly scanned the front row for a spot to sit, it's all taken! I groaned in frustration. Ok so yeah you maybe wondering why am I so keen to sit in the front, no not that I want to give my fullest attention to the teacher. It's my eyes, as embarrassing as it is. I couldnt see the board from anywhere but the front, and me being me was too stubborn to get glasses, a niqabi with glasses, no way. And I have never been a fan of contacts.

"Ms.Ali please take a seat so I can start the lesson" Mr.Baxter said in annoyance.

I looked over to see the only spots available were in the back. I unwillingly went and sat slouching inside my cHair.  Ya Allah this is gonna be a long day. The rest of the day went in a blur literally, no pun intended. I have never been so happy to hear the final bell, I instantly walked out of school.

Before I knew it I was in front of my house. I walked inside greeting my mom and went to my room. I changed into my micky mouse pjs and went directly to sleep.