Untitled Part 13

Felicity woke early the next morning. She smiled as she looked over at Oliver sleeping soundly beside her. Last night had been amazing, but she needed to get to work. She was going to surprise him today with his car finished and ready to go. Sliding slowly out from under his arm that was banded across her waist, she quickly put on her clothes, and giving him one last look she slipped out the door. She had called for a cab while she was in the bathroom, and as she slid into the backseat she saw John drive up the driveway. She gave him a wave, before the cab took off. Felicity went by her apartment and took a shower, and her mind wandered back over the previous night and how his hands had felt on her body. She smiled to herself as she dried her hair and then pulling on her jeans and a t-shirt, she pulled her hair into a ponytail, and set off for the garage.

Roy had agreed to meet her there early, and he was already there when she arrived.

"It's about time Blondie!", he teased.

"You ready to get to work Harper?", she grinned.

They set about getting the brakes fixed on the front of the car, and a few hours later, Felicity stepped back with pride. The car looked beautiful. She had found a shop to do the paint job the day before and they did a fabulous job. Now the car just needed to be test driven.

Roy had been working on an idea since they were almost done but had not known how to approach her about it. So he looked at her and held out the keys.

"I want you to test drive it Smoak.", he said.

"What? No Roy, I can't.", she said as she looked at the car longingly. It was a beautiful ride and she had amped the HP to an obscene level. But she had not been behind the wheel of a car since the day of her accident.

Roy took her hand and gave her the keys, closing her fingers over them. "Lis you are the strongest person I know. You can do this. I will even ride shotgun.", he said teasing, but his eyes were serious.

Felicity looked at the keys and then back at the car. She walked to the driver's side door running her hand long the hood. Roy moved quietly to the passenger side, his eyes just watching her.

Opening the door, Felicity slid into the passenger seat with a pleasurable sigh. Oh the seat felt good. She ran her hands lovingly over the steering wheel and looked at Roy, vulnerable and a little shaken.

"You can do this Lis.", he said softly.

Felicity took the key and placed it into the ignition. Her fingers hesitated before she turned the key and the engine growled to life. It was a beautiful sound. The rumble worked it's way through her chest and she sat there, her hand gently gripping the gear shift. Sliding it into reverse, Felicity slowly backed the car out of the garage. She felt the adrenaline course through her as she imagined opening the engine up and really seeing what the car could do. She slowly drove down the alley, the motor purring like a jaguar, and she felt old feelings work their way to the surface. Happiness, excitement, nervousness. She sat at the end of the alley, letting the motor rumble, before she looked at Roy with a grin, and proceeded to peel out of the alley. The rear of the car fish-tailed as she pulled onto the street, and shifting into gear, pressed down on the gas. The engine roared to life and Felicity laughed freely as she pushed the car to it's limit. She knew the streets well enough to know where she could push the threshold and where she needed to let off, and Roy looked at her with smile as he saw her joy.

Oliver had slowly woken reaching out for Felicity. He patted her side of the bed, lifting his head when he realized it was empty. She was gone.

Frowning, he jumped up throwing on some sweats and ran down the stairs. John was at the bottom.