Chapter 28

2016 - November

    After what didn't feel long at all, Ronnie was done with my makeup. She smiled at me. She insisted on doing it. I hadn't talked to Jake or any of the boys yet let alone actually leave the bathroom. She snuck out of the bathroom quickly to go get my new dress, which she convinced me to wear saying "If you ever feel down, I say you put on a dress. Any dress that makes you feel pretty. It has healing purposes ya know?" She took a while with the clothes so I stood up from the toilet seat to look at my makeup, it was simple (she knew me), but she did a little cat eye and rosier blush. I hated putting too much blush on because my cheeks were already rosy enough, but she insisted. I was wondering what was taking so long, until I heard talking. They were muffled by the door and to add on to that they were whispering.

    "Did you talk to her?" I heard Jake's sad voice say.

    "Yeah, I did, but I can't tell you what happened." Ronnie responded, like a true friend.

    "Come on, Ron. You have to tell us so we can help." Sam said.

    "The only thing that you guys can help is him." She responded. Who was she talking about?

    "What did I do? I need to know, why does she think I need to change?" I scoffed through the door, knowing no one, but myself could hear me.

    "You know what you did, you know what you're doing. You love her, we love her, but you're still dating and sleeping with someone else. I guess you wouldn't understand the feeling when the person inside of you isn't as excited as you are, when they haven't waited months to sleep with you." She said firmly and with a quip to her tone. She seemed angry and I could imagine what her face must have looked like.

    "That's fucked up man." I heard Daniel say, putting together what the fight had been about.

    "Ronnie that's gross, you're my sister." Jake said.

    "Yeah, well she's my best friend and I swear I will cut your balls off in your sleep if you hurt her again. I'll make sure only one twin survives and that twin will be Josh."

    "I would be happy with that, but I think it would be good IF NO ONE DIED YOU PSYCHOPATH!" Josh said, turning his indoor voice into an outdoor one. I laughed at him.

    "I second that, I don't need anyone dying today. I'm not exactly, how you would say, going to college. If one of you were to, I don't know per say die, I would end up in mom and dad's basement." Sammy said.

    "I just need to know how to make it right." Jake said.

    "Be normal, be yourself, don't try to make up for what you've already done wrong. We hate that. Most of all don't mention her." The room went silent again, I scurried over to the toilet and sat down where I was before Ronnie had left. The door creaked open and Ronnie came through it with the dress in her hands. "Here you go, sweets."

    "What did I do to deserve you?" I asked, standing up and giving her a hug.

    "What's this about?" She laughed hugging me back.

    "I just love you that's all, thank you." She must have understood that I heard them outside because her grip tightened.

    "Let's get changed okay? I can't wait to hear you perform, maybe meet these people you've been talking about?" I nodded laughing. I took off my shirt and scooched the dress onto my body. It was really pretty, one of those floral tea dresses. It went down to my mid calf and was short sleeved with buttons down the front. I admired myself in the mirror for a second. "Dayum, that's hot!" Ronnie yelled. "Sorry, you look beautiful." She said in a kinder tone.