Chapter 27

— Author's Note —
Hi!! Normally I don't put my notes before the story starts, but tonight was the big SNL performance and I felt like I wanted to say a few things. Despite what anyone says, I think they were amazing tonight! Nervous or not, they were amazing and made my night better. I feel almost selfish for being scared about what might happen after the show, but now I am just grateful. Grateful to have found such an amazing band so early, one that has truly changed my life and gotten me through the hardest of times. Anyway, I just wanted to express my love for these boys in everything they do! Haha I just wrote amazing so many times. Now on to the chapter....

2016 - November

"I'm almost there. He's pulling up right now."

"God, I can't wait to see you!" I said.

"Babe, come downstairs!" Jake said into the phone. I didn't bother putting on shoes, I ran downstairs in leggings, big socks, and a huge sweatshirt. I don't know why I took the stairs, but I did. I burst through the front doors and there he was. Standing on the sidewalk having just stepped out of the car. I ran to him, jumping into his arms like I had when I left. I planted kisses all over his face and he laughed at me, but I didn't care about looking stupid.

"Hey! Save some sugar for us." I heard a voice say. I turned to look into the car and saw everyone, well everyone I cared about. Ronnie and the guys. Sammy smiled widely at me.

"NO FUCKING WAY!" I yelled.

"Two weeks with us baby." Ronnie said to me. I felt like I was on some sort of drug, one I'd never had, but I would very much become an addict for it.

"How? When?"

"We just wanted to see you.. Isn't that good enough?" Jake said, like he was hiding something. I can't deal with this boys shit right now. I just wanted him to be present.

"Well, come on, come up! Katie left the other day for Colorado, but she basically lives at her boyfriends apartment so we can all stay in our room." They laughed at me, shaking their heads.

"Mags, you're on drugs if you think we're staying in the same room as you too." Danny said. I thought for a minute, well there's a couch and my other roommates are gone. I'll just put my sheets on their beds and then make them back up when they come back. They all nodded. We headed up the elevator after the security guards took copies of all of their IDs. We walked into the common area kitchen which had turned into walls filled with concert posters. Dylan and I had discovered the New York underground scene and we were obsessed over it, then I had Niall's posters all over the walls and a few of Glen's. Glen was much more well known than Niall, but it didn't matter to me. They looked around in awe.

"Yeah, I know. We've gone a little crazy, but wouldn't you if you could see live music every night?" They all nodded in amazement.

"This is whose house we're going to go to for Thanksgiving." I said pointing at a picture of Niall, Clare (his wife), Glen, Katie, and I. Lily had taken the photo and it was such a happy moment. "Actually I should probably tell him there will be more people, but we can do that tonight!"

"Tonight?" Josh said. I smiled shyly.

"Yeah, I'm doing a set at the Scratcher." I said quietly.

"You're what??" Ronnie said in shock.

"Yeah, I haven't played any of my own stuff, but I'm really happy just being up there."

"I'm so in!" She responded.

"Good because it's mandatory! I want you to meet my friends. Typical me, comes here for college and is only friends with her roommates and people she met at a bar." I smiled thinking of all the good memories we had shared together.