Chapter 11

I woke up with a headache that felt like an earthquake, my body trembling a little. It was still dark out and I concluded that I had only been asleep for a few hours. Sure enough, the clock read 6:30 AM. I moved around in the bed, not recognizing the feeling of the comforter. I reached out for another pillow, but was met with a body. Their head was covered, I knew it was a twin, but I just didn't know which one. That's when I realized what I was wearing. I was wearing the sweater Jake had tried to put me in and nothing else except my panties. The twin next to me was shirtless and in boxers. He looked too tan to be Jake, so I came to the conclusion it was Josh. Snuggling back under the covers, I tried my hardest to fall back to sleep.

No matter how warm it was, I just couldn't manage actually fall asleep. I felt Josh moving around next to me, so I moved a little. He groaned, his body shuffling closer to me. I opened my eyes knowing for sure sleep wouldn't be an option anymore. "Josh." I whispered to him. He didn't budge. "Josh." I tried a little louder, but still nothing. I lightly touched my finger to his nose, but he just rubbed it and went back to his state. "Joshua, wake up." I said not worrying about being to loud anymore.

"Whyyy?" He whined.

"Because I can't sleep. You shouldn't get to either." I said blankly.

"That's not fair." He said, opening his eyes to look at me. I smiled down at him.

"Hi!" I said looking at him like a happy puppy.

"You're so annoying you know that?" I giggled at him, letting my hair fall on his face. He sat up a little, not much, but enough that he wasn't buried with sheets. "So you had fun last night." He stated, clearly amused. I rolled my eyes.

"I don't really remember much. The last thing I know I did was taking my shirt off in front you guys." I said, my face turning a whole new shade of red.

"Well, there was more." He said looking me in my eyes directly. I nodded at him to go on. "Well, Jake tried to get you to put the sweater on, but you refused and started taking off your pants. You kept getting mad at Jake and he told you that you should talk in private, but you told him that if he had something to say he could say it in front of me. Then Hannah came up wondering what was happening and she was concerned for you, so you two went inside and she took the sweater from Jake. I'm not sure what you talked about, but you both came back crying and hugging, you were wearing the sweater. Then she said it might be best for you to sleep in my room, in case you got sick. Now we're here." I looked at him a little shocked, what had I said to Hannah? Why were we crying? I nodded.

"So we just went to sleep?" I asked, hoping I hadn't embarrassed myself further.

"You sobered up a little, but not a lot."

"What does that mean?" Fuck, what had I done? He laughed a little. "Joshua, what does that mean?"

"Well, you kissed me a couple of times. More like we kissed for a while and things escalated quickly, but I stopped you before anything more could happen." I stared at him, my mouth open a little. Quickly, I pulled the covers over my head, not wanting to look at him.

"I'm so, so, so sorry Josh, I don't know what came over me." My muffled voice said. "You know how I get when I drink tequila." He pulled the covers down.

"You don't have to be too sorry." He said like he wanted to say something else, but he stayed quiet. I hugged him, pulling him under the covers with me.

    "Why are you so good to me?" I said, frowning with shame.

    "How could I not?" I pulled him closer and closer to me, resting my head on his chest. Soon, I was in a peaceful sleep. The warmth from the covers and from Josh radiating on me. It was nice, Josh felt so safe to me, a safe I'd never really experienced before. He was home.