Chapter 13

A year passed and soon Ronnie and Carmen were done with high school too. Senior year was in full throttle, but I had no idea what I wanted to do after it. Ronnie went away to Hawaii with Logan, her boyfriend and Hannah's brother. I missed her horribly, but school was suddenly starting to look up for me. My grades were higher than they'd ever been and I had started seeing Cole, a family friend who went to UMich. I didn't see Jake or Josh much and when I did, I avoided speaking to them. Sam and Danny were a different story though because we went to school together. Although, towards the end of last year they started taking their band, Greta Van Fleet, more seriously. They took mini tours and would leave school for weeks and months on end to play music. I even heard from Karen that they were going to record a few songs and put them out into the world. Still, my contact with the Kiszka family was slim to none.

    "Hey Mags!" My friend Carrie yelled from across the halls of our dear Frankenmuth High School.

    "Hey, what's up?"

    "Do you wanna come over later? Unless you're busy." She said happily, meeting me at my locker.

    "Ugh, I can't today. I'm going to see Cole at college, but what about tomorrow night? I should be back by then." I said, smiling at her.

    "Yeah sure! Margaritas and manicures?" She laughed. I nodded signaling a definite yes.

    The rest of the day went by slowly, mainly daydreams helped pass the time. I missed Cole so much and it was difficult not seeing him. As soon as the last bell rang, I ran out the doors and to my car, checking every which way before taking off my school clothes and throwing on my Levi's, white Supergas, a sheer blue top that had a straight panel to cover my boobs, and a big University of Michigan sweatshirt (so I didn't freeze). I looked around my Subaru, making sure I had everything and then I was on my way.

    It was only an hour and a half drive, but halfway through I thought I might fall asleep behind the wheel. I pulled over at a rest stop to get coffee and pee. The line for the women's' room was practically out in the snow. As soon as I got back in the car, took off my sneakers and put on my brown Docs that looked like they were out of the 90s. My feet, finally warm, hit the gas and I continued on my journey.

I pulled up to Cole's dorm at 6:30 and the sun was just starting to go down, making the sky a beautiful orange color. I stood their admiring it as college students with backpacks made their way home after classes. "Hey you!" Someone yelled, I ignored it. "Hey, hey you!" The person yelled again, causing me to turn around in annoyance. When I did, I wasn't faced with what I expected. There was Cole. I ran over to him, careful not to step on any icy, and jumped into his arms. I kissed him hard and then all over his face, professing my love. "I missed you too." He said.

"What can I say? Time makes the heart grow fonder." He took my bag in one hand and my hand in the other as we walked into the big dorm and to his room.

"Kyle said that he's going to stay with his girlfriend tonight, so we have the room allll to ourselves." I looked at him, his eyes speaking sex.

"Oh, I see. So because Kyle's not here tonight, you think you're getting some?" I asked, walking towards him on his bed. "Well, we'll see about that." I said, moved down to kiss him as seductively as possible.

"God, you're so beautiful." I giggled when he said that shaking my head in the kiss.

"You can't tell me stuff like that! I know you're lying." He grabbed my hand as I began to walk away.

"No point in lying, it's the truth babe." He pulled me back towards him and I took between his legs, towering over his sitting down body, not my much though. This time, he pulled me down on top of him, kissing my gently as his hands brushed against my skin. The kissing was getting heated and I didn't want to waste the night away, so I slowly pulled away.

"Cole..." I said, but he just started kissing my neck, which felt sooo good. "Cole, come on.."

"Nooo." He said between kisses. I pulled his face up to mine.

"We should get going, won't your 'brothers' be missing you." I said referring to his fraternity.

"They can miss me all they want, I've got you now."

"Hey, you might be sick of them, which I know you're not, but I want to meet them." I giggled as his kisses became lighter and lighter.

"Fine." He said, kissing my lips one last time. "The night is ours!" He yelled. I pulled off my sweatshirt to reveal my top underneath it.

"Alright, I'm ready. Are you gonna change or go like that?" I asked, looking at his khakis, Sperrys, and short sleeve button down.

"I'm just gonna go like this, but we have to run because it's cold as fuck outside." He laughed, taking my hand in his. We practically sprinted to the house. Big greek letters sat atop of it, but I knew that it was Phi Psi. Walking into the party, everyone was greeting Cole, but he kept a hold of my hand so I didn't lose him.

"Hey, Cole!" A guy with blonde hair and big green eyes yelled.

"Will!!" He yelled back giving him a quick hug. "This is Maggie, my girlfriend."

"Hey Maggie, how're you?"

"I'm good, just happy to be here!" My smile beamed at him. Cole went to go get us something to drink and I was left with Will to talk.

"So are you from Massachusetts like Cole?" He asked.

"Oh no, I'm actually from Michigan. A little town called Frankenmuth, it's up North a ways. We've known each other since childhood."

"Oh right, Frankenmuth! I've been there a couple of times. I'm from Flint, so not too far away."

"Wow, yeah we were close!"

"Do you go to school near here?"

"No, I'm actually still in high school. I'm in my senior year, so I'm pretty focused on college though!" I thought of how much I dreaded thinking about college, but put that on the back burner to continue talking.

"WOW!" He yelled in shock. "I would've never guessed, you look our age." I smiled, feeling awkward because most people said the same thing. "Do you know where you want to go?"

"Uh, I looked at UMich, but I'm also looking at NYU, University of Washington Seattle, and Boulder. My applications for some of them went in on the 1st, but the rest go in December 1st."

"Nice!" He said.

"What's nice?" Cole said coming up behind me with a drink.

"We're just talking about college." Will said.

"Ahhh, well I can't deny that I hope she'll choose to come here with us, but it's her decision." He kissed my cheek. I loved how kind Cole was, he was on board with whatever I wanted to do. We continued talking, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar head of blonde hair. When I turned to see who it was, I was shocked.