Chapter 15

Stone's eyes widen in shock.  He tries clumsily to wake up but literally  falls off the bed.  Aleska giggles.  She hangs her head over the bed and looks down at him, still on his back.  She crosses her hands at the elbow, rests her chin on her arms and shakes her head.

'So undignified ... yet so gorgeous,' she smirks.

He continues to gaze at her, spread-eagled on his back, unfazed about his naked body; or her accusation of him looking undignified .

'An elite and seasoned SAS commander; yet mere words throw him of balance,' she continues to taunt him.

He jerks her down roughly but she lands easily atop him. His arms circle her naked body.  He continues gazing adoringly into her eyes.  Aleska smiles.

'It's polite to reciprocate the sentiment,' she murmurs leadingly. 

His eyes fill with unguarded emotion.  'I love you.  You must know that I do,' he answers gutturally.

'Now I do,' she lowers her head.  Her mouth possessively closes over his.

'Where do we go from here?'  He murmurs against her throat.

'Back up onto your bed.'

He groans loudly.  'I'm talking about us!'

Aleska does not want to think about their future.  She does not want to ponder over the facts that they are of different nationalities and more importantly serving their respective countries at the highest operational level in the military.

'I don't want conversation right now,' she whispers, taking control of their love making.

 They wake up; enjoy a scrumptious breakfast in private.  Stone does not leave her side.  They stroll hand in hand down to the river, enjoy a leisurely walk.  He defers to others the more mundane tasks she needs to do, laughingly ignoring her protestations.  Even at lunchtime, Stone seeks her out, demands she stops her duty to lunch with him.  Silently, she thinks him adorable, although she firmly believes in the equitable division of duty.

In the week that follows, their love grows deeper.  They are virtually inseparable.  Stone finds more and more occasions to distract Aleska and prevent her being separated from his side.  She laughs it off good naturedly but resolutely ensures she puts in her fair share of watch duty when she has to. 

She even gets into a good routine, with McDouall.  Each morning and evening, they complete two full hour physio sessions.  Aleska takes McDouall through some rigorous stealth, cardio and stretch exercises to which he studiously attempts without complaint.

'One more lap, then we done,' Aleska issues.

'Already?'  McDouall is disappointed.

'You're doing well so far Captain,' Aleska nods.

'Let me do a few laps in the water,' he pleads.

He is doing well.  Aleska delays a stint in the water.  She has concerns about the large presence of bacteria just on the surface of the water that may aggravate his wound.

'Not yet Captain.  Let's take care of that wound, allow it to heal properly.  That's your exercise for today.  Go get some rest.'

'Can I at least go up to the tower today?'  He begs.

'Under one condition!'

'What?' McDouall questions cagily.

'You may feel fine, but your body is not strong enough to negotiate the stairs on your own.  I want two men to assist you up.'