Chapter 10

Aleska walks into the Comms Room, sees Stone is advantageously positioned at the window that would have given him a clear view of her and Nancy indulgently burning tyres like drag racing enthusiasts.

Trouble!

'You inciting my soldiers to misappropriate military assets?'

'I --- it --- won't happen again,' Aleska looks away, knowing the allegation was warranted.

Stone holds his breath. He marvels at her selflessness. She could have defensively taken credit for not only tutoring Nancy, but empowering her sufficiently to perform stunts not easy to execute. It's why his heart does acrobatics every time he lays his eyes on her. She possesses every character trait that a dictionary will qualify as virtuous. He needs to re-focus.

'McDouall thinks he's ready to attempt some physical exercise in small measures.'

Aleska notes his sudden change of topic. She goes with the flow. 'Good,' she nods. 'The quicker he starts, the easier it will be. The nerve endings will be quite sensitive, so you must go easy on him,'

'He wants --- you to assist with his physiotherapy.'

'What!'

Stone smiles, walks towards her. 'Seems like he's finally come around,' he stands behind her, drapes his arms around her waist. 'I knew he would, eventually,' Stones presses his lips to the base of her neck.

Aleska steps away. She is prepared to lose all inhibitions in bed with him, but when on duty, she is off limits, especially when his sensuous touch pools fervent desire between her legs. She mumbles something and escapes out of the Comms Room.

She goes in search of Scott, finds him in the inventory room with Captain Jane Nicol, their Communication Head and Second Lieutenant Luke Barry who is in charge of supplies. They all stare at her in surprise. She has never previously entered the inventory room.

'Captain Scott,' she addresses him and the other two discreetly depart.

'Ooh you have it bad,' Scott grins.

'What!'

'Withdrawal symptoms,' he chuckles. 'I can recognize it a mile away.'

Aleska swallows uncomfortably. Is it that obvious, that she is lusting for sex with Stone?

'Come take your pick,' Scott grins and opens one of the cupboards to reveal the large stock of chocolates.

Aleska stares wide-eyed. He has like a candy store supply of chocolate bars.
So Scott thinks I'm craving chocolate!
She supposes chocolate is the next best thing to sex. She grabs two protein bars and rips open the wrapper of one of them. Scott shakes his head and laughs.

'Simon's going into Manaus to replenish our supplies,' Scott says. 'Is there something you wish to put on the list?'

'We need more medical supplies,' she slips the empty wrapper in her pocket and opens the second chocolate bar. And I want some rope and ---.'

'No Major,' Scott sighs. 'You! --- Don't you want anything?'

'Me?' She was not offered such luxuries in the Russian Army. Clearly these ones were spoilt and over indulged.

'What's your favourite comfort food?' Scott grins.

She used to love bliny with strawberries ... but that was a lifetime ago.

'There must be some home food you crave, Major,' he winks.

'Bliny--- but never mind,' Aleska walks away leaving Scott standing there confused.