::2::

When pepper and Tony pulled into the parking lot, they grabbed their phones and rain, holding each other's hands. They ran up to the front desk.

"We are looking for the Parkers," Pepper said, panting. The lady looked up from her magazine, then, getting over the fact that the Tony Stark was in front of her, told them. They ran to the elevator and waited to land on the seventh floor. When the elevator stopped and opened, they ran to the room. They opened the door slowly, looking in. The saw two beds, with a stand-in between. May had multiple wires connected to her, and Peter only had two. May's heart monitor was irregular. Tony stopped walking. Pepper looked around the room, seeing a doctor and a nurse talking in the corner of the small room. They looked towards the two and walked over to them. The nurse held her hand out for Tony.

"Hello. I'm Judy. We talked on the phone," she said. She was young. Probably in her late twenties.

"Hello," Tony replied, shaking the girl's hand. He slowly walked over to Peter, pulling a chair up near the bed.

"What happened?" Pepper asked. She walked over to Tony, and put a hand on his shoulder, letting him know she was near. He looked at Peter, who had bruises all over. He had a cut on his cheek, that already looked better than it probably had been, due to his superpowers.

"A car stopped in the road and they ran right into it," the doctor said.

"Are they going to be alright?" Tony asked, in a whisper barely audible to anyone.

"The boy is only asleep. The woman is umm," the doctor said, feeling sad to report the news, "is in a coma."

"Is there anything you can do because the price is not an issue," Tony told him. The doctor frowned and shook his head.

"There is nothing else we can do. We will know in an hour or two if she will wake up or not," he said, marking something on his clipboard. Pepper frowned, and sat on Tony's lap, grabbing his hand.

   "Thank you," Pepper said, trying to maintain the professional personality she always has. The nurse and doctor left, saying they need to run some tests. Pepper looks over at Peter and sees him stirring. His hands are twitching and a bead of sweat is running down his face. A nightmare.

   "Should we wake him up?" Tony asks as Pepper stands up. He stands after her and they walk over onto either side of him. Tony runs a hand through Peters' hair and Pepper grabs his hand. The small gestures wake Peter up, panting. He looks at his surroundings and immediately remembers what happened. He sits up, and looks around, seeing Tony, Pepper, and finally, seeing May.

   "Oh my god," a delirious Peter says, trying to wiggle out of the bed. Tony lightly pushes on his chest, making sure he stays in the bed.

   "Nope," is all Tony says as he pushes him down.

   "Mister Stark. Miss Potts, what happened?" Peter asked. Tony sighed, and Pepper continued to hold his hand tighter.

   "After your car crashed, you two were taken here," Tony said.

   "Is aunt May going to be fine?" He asked. As he said it, it was like he was seven years old and so small.

"Kid. She's in a coma. They don't know if she is going to wake up," Tony said quietly. Peter let a few tears escape.

"W-when will we know?" Peter stuttered. Pepper felt her heart shatter. Tony and Pepper looked at each other.

   "Why don't you go back to bed. We should know in the morning," Pepper said, trying to remain calm.

   "I don't think I'll be able to fall asleep again," Peter said sadly. Pepper's thumb ran over Peter's hand.

   "Well, kid you need your strength back. You are Spiderman after all," Tony said in an attempt to convince him to fall asleep. Peter nodded and turned on his side, falling back asleep. When Pepper and Tony saw this, Tony sat in the seat and Pepper sat on his lap, sitting sideways. His arms surrounded her waist.

"What is he going to do?" Pepper asked, feeling protective over the fifteen-year-old.

"Poor thing. He's lost everything. He can't lose her too," Tony whispered under his breath. Pepper leaned her chin on his head, then kissed his forehead. He leaned back on the chair and she fell asleep with her arms around his neck. Tony couldn't sleep. He stayed awake until he heard the heart monitor from across the room beeping like mad. Peter shot up at the sound and started looking around frantically. A doctor and three nurses ran in and started writing things down and taking things off. May Parker was dead. Pepper ran to talk to some nurses, obviously trying to discuss what had just happened. Tony ran over to Peter and sat on the side of his bed. He hugged him tightly to his chest and Peter started crying. Tony rubbed his back.

"Everything's going to be okay kid. We're here," Tony said, trying to calm him down. Peter only started sobbing harder. Tony rubbed circles on his back. Pepper signed a paper and walked back to the bed and whispered something to Tony.

   "Come on Peter," Tony said, as the doctor and a nurse unhooked Peter from the machines. Peter stood up, revealing the jeans he was wearing that had a blood stain on the knee. He had a plain black shirt on. Pepper and Tony side hugged Peter as they all walked out of the hospital as the sun was rising. They opened the car doors and Peter sat in the back, head leaning against the window.

   "It's going to be okay Peter," Pepper said as Tony started driving. Within minutes, he had cried himself to sleep. They drove until they made it to the Avengers Compound. Pepper ran inside and Tony walked in behind her, carrying a sleeping Peter in his arms. Tony walked into the guest bedroom and laid Peter down on the bed. He walked outside and saw the rest of the Avengers sitting in the kitchen, eating bowls of cereal and drinking coffee.

"Where were you?" Natasha asked Pepper and Tony. They grabbed coffee mugs and pulled the last two remaining chairs out.

"The hospital," Tony said sadly. Natasha looked confused.

"Why?" Bruce asked.

"It's Peter," Tony replied. Everyone looked slightly confused. "He was in a car crash. We brought him here. He's sleeping." Everyone gasped.

"Not even the worst part," Pepper added. "His aunt May, his guardian, didn't make it." A single tear ran down her face. Everyone nodded. Peter Parker was way too young to be dealing with the problems he had already been dealing with. Now he would have to deal with this.
________________________________
Hi everyone 👋 welcome to my fanfiction! I will update every Sunday and thursday! Thanks for reading!