Acrostic: "Discrimination" NEW

Definition: An acrostic poem is a in a sense a vertical poem. Your title (usually one word) is written vertically down the page and you write your poem using the letters of your title to start that line. It is, in a sense, much like an Alphabet poem.

*EDIT: Hey guys, I took KenHastings' feedback into consideration and decided that the former poem wasn't as good. I hope this one's better :) Please comment with your opinions!*

___________________________________________________________________________

Dividing our borders through senseless wars of mass destruction.

Ignoring the rights of humanity to ‘cleanse’ society.

So what if they’re black, gay, poor or hungry?

Can you honestly say you’re better than them? Above their suffering?

Rid yourself of those corrupted beliefs and embrace the pure truth the we must accept;

Inside every man, every woman, every child lies a soul waiting to be loved and nurtured.

Must we keep fighting ourselves because we fear our own brothers and sisters?

If you honestly believe the future of mankind lies in racism and survival of the fittest, think again.

Nations world-wide must un-tie the knots our wrongly led ancestors have snarled and unite us under one roof.

Almighty and rich, step done from your throne,

Treat others with respect, as you would like in return.

If you learn to love those up high and down low, whoever, wherever, all over the globe,

Our world and our people will truly be worthy of what nature has gifted us; the power to love above all else.

Never before has a voice been so strongly ignored but right here and now I shout in the hopes you hear the long forgotten pleas and return them to me.