Chapter 57: Don't leave me

Sarah's POV

It was all a blur after we reached the hospital, hopefully, on time. I couldn't tell if Keith was even breathing. He seemed to have become unconscious. I kept praying silently that nothing happened to him.

The doctors rushed him inside the ER as soon as they saw his state. Kiara and Avery (Keith's mother) were informed about the situation and couldn't bear facing them. This happened to him because of me, he tried saving me and he got hurt. It wouldn't have happened if my father didn't do business with Antonio. This was my fault. Sure he abused me and all that in the past but this man changed and he put away his huge ego and everything and came in search of me to the airport even after I had left him, leaving no explanation except for a small note. Nor did I wait for him to explain his point of view. I should've been more patient that day.

Noel was in tears right now. I've never thought this man was capable of showing human emotions. But right I felt like the most inhuman person in the room for leaving him. Why would he have tried to take my dad's company if he was willing to sacrifice his wealth and give it all to Antonio for my safety? Keith, for sure, didn't want to own my dad's business. Everyone makes mistakes. Some really big, but this man has given love more that just overlooks all the pain (I know it sounds like the classic 50 shades of grey idea but it is what it is, not everyone finds the love of their life to be a perfectly ordinary boy next door). He was hospitalized twice because of me.

Hours passed and Keith was still in the operation theatre. They were trying to take the bullet out, it was critical as he was shot close to his spine and he had lost a lot of blood. There was a chance he would never be able to walk again. I don't care. As long as my Keith was alive.

Kiara and Avery rushed up to me to see if I was okay. That was my least concern right now. I didn't have anything except for the bruise on my cheek where Antonio had slapped me. The nurses already attended to it. I sobbed in his mother's arms and she patted on my back and burst into tears. I pulled away so that I could look at her.
"Noel told us what happened, dear. I can't believe any of this. He just got out of the hospital and now he's back here again."

"Why is it always him, oh god?" She looked skywards as if she expected an answer from God. I rubbed her shoulders to comfort her. Kiara, tearfully, hugged both of us and the three of us were as still as statues for a minute, basking in racha others comfort.

Noel kept pacing back and forth. His eyes met mine and he signaled that he wanted to talk to me alone. I slowly broke away from Avery and Kiara and I walked over to him.

"Sarah I need to tell you something. It wasn't him. It was me. I prepared that document declaring Keith overtaking your father's company." He threw the news at me putting me in shock. He had risked life along with Keith to save me. Why would he have done such a thing? I wasn't going to repeat my mistake, this time I waited for an explanation.

After a long pause, that's what I got. He explained how he had wanted Keith get something out of our marriage when he had found out Keith wasn't happy being married to me. "Keith never considered absorbing your father's company." Noel finished solemnly.

He continued about how he realized Keith had fallen in love with me after he had almost given his life to find me.

"I did my best to try and find you and explain that all this misunderstandings were because of me not Keith. He had nothing to do with this. He truly loves you Sarah."

"I spoke to your friend Lily and then went to your father then I found out about Antonio through your father's bank statements. Which is why your father sent you to London. To keep you safe." Noel elucidated. He narrated exactly how he had found out it was his fault when he went to Keith's house with Lily and found the document and my note.

"I'm sorry. I truly am, Sarah. Keith and Jacob are the only family I have. I just want him to be happy." He finished looking down at his shoes in shame.

I did something I never expected I would. I threw my arms around Noel and hugged him. He body was rigid in shock.
"Thank you, Noel. For all what you did for Keith and me." I said.
" You have a family Noel. You have us. Me, Keith, Jacob, Kiara and Lily too."
"Thank you again for saving my life." I thanked him and he smiled back.

"Anytime, sis," he replied. I had feeling this was going to be a fresh new to start between us all.

The worry settled back in on both our faces. We still haven't heard anything about Keith. Just as I thought of him, the doors opened and doctor came out to disclose us about Keith's health status. He shook his head sideways...

Author's note: Hey guys I know these updates are taking a really long time but I've been caught up with university applications and all. I'm truly sorry. I'm also very sorry for the stupid spelling errors (if there's any) cos I typed this chapter on my phone and I couldn't proofread either. I'll thoroughly edit this book once I'm done with it. Please bear with me. Hope you all didn't cry after ready this...

did you?? ;(

Is Keith dead? Or is he disabled? Will he be able to walk? Or is he gone forever???
Orrrrrrr is he still alive and perfectly normal??
What do you think??

Stay tuned to find out