Chapter 38: It's all about getting even

Sarah's POV

Heat radiated off my cheeks just by thinking of what just happened. If Kiara didn't show up at that moment I really didn't know what would have happened. His eyes and his lips kept flashing back into my mind. His hands running all over me, I hugged myself. Confused if I feel happy or not. I felt so excited and happy when he did all that but now I was confused if he really meant to do all that or was it just a spur of the moment.

He returned to the room with two plates in his hands. It was chocolate cake!!!! I love chocolate anything. He grinned at me as he came close and sat next to me on the couch in our room. He handed over me the bigger piece. I smiled gratefully at him.
"Thanks," I muttered.
"No problem, I don't like chocolate much." He replied.
"Then why didn't you get something else?" I asked him raising my eyebrows.
"They only had this." He replied with a shrug. I finished my cake and I pouted. He stretched his plate out to me indicating me to have it. He still had half of his cake left. I grinned and threw an arm around him and hugged him in enthusiasm. I felt him stiffen at first and then relax. He wrapped a single arm around me and kept me close to him. I pulled away.
I looked him in his eyes and I could see confusion. He searched my eyes and I sighed taking the plate away from him.

"What's wrong, Sarah?" He asked me.
I shook my head. "I don't understand you, Keith."
"I just don't know if we should have done what we just did in the pool." "Don't you think it's wrong?"

"Why should I feel like it's wrong? You are still my wife. I have done my wrongs and now I genuinely want to make things right and I deeply enjoyed it and I could say you did too." He finished with a smirk. I hit him with the couch pillow. I kept the plate on the coffee table and kept hitting him.
"Sarah, stop!" He laughed while trying to stop me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me to him and the pillow was snatched off my hands. He grinned like a cheshire cat. I was left speechless. I stood up off the couch and fixed my shirt which had riled up a bit. He stood up as well and scratched the back of his neck. He looked at me and his eyes lit up.
"Sarah how good are you with applying make up?"
I looked up at him to see his eyes shine brightly in mischief.
"I'm quite okay at it, why?" I asked him.
"I have something in mind."
He gestured me to come close. I did as he asked me too. He whispered his plan into my ear and I started giggling. This should be fun.

I brought my lipstick and mascara and compact powder over to him and started randomly making marks on his face to make it look scary. I took my eye-shadow and blended the colours on his face to make it look like the flesh burnt off. I was pretty impressed at my work once I was done.
He looked nothing like him. He looked gross and scary. We tiptoed our way down the corridor. We paused right outside Kiara's room and I knocked on the door as Keith stood right next to the door keeping himself hidden from being seen.
"Who is it?" Came Kiara's voice.
"It's me, Sarah." I replied trying my best to keep a straight face before she opened the door.

As she did, I moved away and Keith jumped in front of her face making her shriek. She fell down on her bum in fright. Slowly she realised what was going on.
Me and Keith were laughing clutching our stomachs. We high fived each other and kept laughing.

"Ugh! What is wrong with you two???!" Kiara screamed at us as she still has one hand over her heart.

We ran back to our room but fore she could murder us. Keith slammed our door shut and we both dropped to the floor laughing.

"Why did you decide to do that?" I asked him.

"I don't know. It was all about getting even." He replied giving me a wink. I smiled at him.

A/n: hey guys!!!! Special update cos fmhh was ranked 95 thanks to all of your support. I love you guys. Also I've been going through such a hard time lately and seeing all your love for this book makes me really happy and lifts my mood. Hope you guys are happy. Before I go... Please comment:
What is the best way to move on?
The best/ my favourite comment gets a dedication!!!
Please help me out.
Don't forget to vote, comment and recommend ;) <3