Chapter 42: Sunset and surprises

Sarah's POV

I wasn't expecting him to take me to a fancy restaurant for lunch as he was in casuals. I was wearing a light cream silk top that rolled off my shoulders and light blue jeans and flats. He stopped in front of Burger King and I was taken aback. I raised my eyebrows at him when he looked over at me indicating me to get down. He simply gave me lop sided grin and said, "Comfort food."

I chuckled softly. I completely, whole heartedly agreed with him. Sometimes just a simple good burger sounds better than a braised lobster... I followed Keith and was slightly happy when he opened the door for me to enter first. Now this is how a lady should be treated. Not like before. Never mind. I shook my head to clear my thoughts. I sat down and Keith went over to order our meals after I told him what I would like. After a couple of minutes our trays reached our table and we dived in. The burger was so good and so were the fries. I heard Keith chuckle softly while smiling at me.

"What?" I asked him, my voice muffled due to my mouth being full.

He laughed even harder and he was clutching his stomach. What's so funny? He took a tissue from the tray and reached over to my face. Uh-oh. 'Ugh Sarah could you not eat properly!!!' I scolded myself. He wiped the tip of my nose and the left corner of my lips.

"You had cheese all over your face, Sarah." Keith said easily rolling my name from his mouth. I loved the way my name sounded when he said it. Cheesy? I know. Oh look I made a pun! Ugh focus idiot! I mentally kicked myself. I felt very uncomfortable after that, occasionally wondering if there was something on my face. I finally finished my burger and only a couple of my fries were left. I bet Keith loved fries because his pack was empty in two minutes. His hand now reached over to my fries and stole one before I could swat his hand away.

"Hey!" I exclaimed. He merely smirked and dived to steal another and this time I caught him. His hands were in mine and our eyes locked onto each other's. In a blink of an eye, his hands pulled my hands close to his lips and he kissed it. I immediately let go as if I was burned, within that split second Keith popped my last fry into his mouth and grinned like a Cheshire cat. I frowned at him.

"Cheater." I growled at him.

"All is fair in love and war." He laughed and continued, "Well in this case, eating fries."

***

We left from there and now we were again in his car. Keith asked me if it was okay if he took me someplace and I said yes. Well I was going to go home and do nothing so I guess this is better than that. The only problem was my mixed feelings for him.

The car drive got really boring. I started pestering Keith and I could see he was clearly losing his patience. His jaw was tightened as I asked him where we were headed to for, I think, almost the millionth time.

"I'm bored." I announced.

Keith looked over at me. "You can play some music if you want."

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I picked a CD and put it in. One direction's Night Changes started playing through the cars speakers and Keith groaned very audibly.

"You don't like 1D?"

"Look at my face Sarah... Does it look like I'm enjoying this song?" Keith retorted.

"You are lame."

"I swear I'm going to murder Kiara for keeping those CDs in this car." I chuckled at his not so silent complaints.

"How about we listen to something we both might like?" he suggested. I shrugged and turned the player off. He took out his phone and played a song that I surely loved more than anything. Dusk Till Dawn by Zayn filled the air inside the car. I loved it. I beamed at Keith and he gave me his signature smirk.