Chapter Twenty One

A/N: I'm sorry for not updating last week, but RL wins sometimes :)

ooo

Their feet hit solid ground, and Hermione is the first one to hunch over. Draco grabs her arm as she sways, and keeps holding it till she regains her balance. "I hate portkeys," she sniifs and straightens up. Theo watches as Draco lets go of her arm and she gives him a gratfeful look. "Thanks," she mutters. Draco ignores it.

Now completely in her senses, Hermione twists her head and looks around them. Far away, she can see the bone-white mountains, and the surrounding land was all covered in snow-covered trees. She looks around them in awe, and then a sense of deja vu hits her. "Draco!" she exclaims. He looks at her like he knows whats coming and raises an eyebrow. "This is the Forest of Dean!" she exclaims excitedly.

"Seriously, Granger. All forests look exactly the same. How in Salazar's name does textbook knowledge help to you to identify them?" Theo drawls. Hermione glares at him. Draco shakes his head. "I haven't been here before," he tells her. "I have! So hopefully it'll be easier for us to navigate our way through these trees."

"You even remember the trees, woman? Merlin, you really are off your trolley," Theo says.

"I know what I see," she replies indignantly. Draco crouches down on his knees and grabs an envelope from the ground. Charmed to keep moisture away, it feels crisp and new in his hands. "The clue," he says. Theo and Hermione perk up at that and gather around him.

"Open it," Hermione prompts when he hesitates. "You can open this one. Fresh parchment and all," he smirks at her. Hermione blushes ever so slightly and snatches the envelope from his hands. Ignoring the instinct to sniff the parchment, she tears the red seal and opens it. A card falls out of it and she bends down to pick it up.

I may only be given but never bought. Sinners seek me but saints do not. What am i?

All three of them look at each other, a silent understanding passing between them. Hermione pulls her lower lip between her teeth and watches as Theo fidgets uncomfortably. Draco's face is blank- as usual.

"Forgiveness," Theo finally mutters.

"Forgiveness," Draco nods.

"How in Sala-fucking-zar's name are we supposed to find forgiveness in this god-forsaken place?" Theo growls frustratingly.

"Is there anything else that could be the answer to this?" Hermione asks hesitantly, fingering the hem of her jumper.

"Pleasure?" she guesses, grimacing when the two men glower at her.

"Really, Granger?" Draco asks. "And where do you suppose we find pleasure?"

She blushes scarlet in response and averts her gaze. "Looks like we'll have to keep searching for forgiveness then."

"McGonagall!" Theo yells. "Th'fuck are you doing?" Draco smacks him on the head and asks.

"That fat cow appeared out of nowhere when she wasn't needed. She has to come now!" Theo stomps his foot angrily and huffs.

Hermione chuckles. "You look like a cute girl, Theo," she teases. "Don't tease me, Granger!" he growls in response, making her laugh even harder. Only when Draco gives her the look does she stop.

Day Thirty

Resting her back against a tree bark, Hermione looks up at the sky and imagines she's with Harry and Ron, and shudders when an image of a bloodied Ron crosses her mind. Looking towards her right, she observes the blond, resting on his stomach, his fringe falling into his eyes.

Giving in the urge to brush it away, she scoots closer to him and gently raises her hand to brush the light hair away from his forehead. He snuggles deeper into his blanket, and Hermione finds herself smiling alone in the dark.

"Stop staring at me, Granger," he mumbles, and she jumps back, letting out a hiss. "Draco," she scolds with a hand over her heart. "Hermione,"he mimics, his eyes still closed. Her heart flutters inside her chest and she blushes a deep shade of crimson.

Hermione

Sounds good on his tongue.

"You're still staring," he mumbles and cracks one eye open slowly. She grins at him. "I'll do whatever I please." He raises a lone brow at her and then pulls a hand out from his blanket. "Oh really?" he asks, holding his hand out for her to take. She nods her head and places her cold hand in his warm one. He tugs her closer until she's hovering above him, then uses his other hand to touch her neck. She gasps softly and he tugs her down towards his face.

"Then I'll do as I please, too," he whispers and pulls her face all the way down, connecting their lips for the first time in two days. Hermione let's out a soft breath and tangles her frozen fingers in his hair. He groans into her mouth at the sensation and nips at her bottom lip. She opens up to him and he takes every opportunity he can get. He takes everything, and he gives everything. Not even caring about their other partner who's fast asleep, the two continue to snog until blue sparks erupt in their closed eyes.

Breaking apart, Draco swipes his thumb over her bottom lip, his gaze lingering on it before falling to his blanket. "Krum found the portkey," he murmurs.

"Oh," she replies with swollen lips. "The blue sparks were from your wand," she says. He nods, swallowing as his gaze returns to her lips. "Do we have time?" Draco asks in a whisper. Hermione looks at Theo and then back at him. "Plenty," she replies before bending down and kissing him square on the mouth.

ooo

The next morning came all too soon for Theo's liking. Stretching and standing, he makes his way towards a tree and relieves himself of his full bladder.

Last night he'd had a very strange dream of Draco kissing the Gryffindor Princess.

He smirks to himself and zips himself up. Walking back towards his team mates, he finds Hermione's head buried inside a book, and Draco was idly picking up stones and studying them.

"Good morning, lovers!" He greets them with a happy face. Hermione catches his eye and blushes. "Good morning, Theo."

"Oh," he muses. "So you didn't object at being called Draco's lover," he smirks when her blush deepens. "S'alright," he says. "What say you, Draco?"

"Huh?" Draco asks. "I mean," Theo continues with smirk, "Who in Salazar's name can sleep with wet kissing sounds playing in the background?" He drawls.

Hermione drops her book onto the ground and Draco sits up straighter.

Interesting.

She scrambles to grab her book and hides her face behind it. Theo laughs and plops down beside her, slinging an arm around her shoulders. "Come on now, Granger, don't be shy," he drawls.

"Let me read, Theo," she says, making him laugh even harder than before. "Now now, I'd hate to be left in the dark. Please shine some light on the matter," he says.

"What matter?" she asks, her voice a bit heavy.

"Why the fuck didn't either of you deny when I implied that you both kissed last night? And here I thought it was a dream!"

"Theo," Draco warns. "It was a dream. We thought you'd be smart enough to figure it out. Me and Granger?" he tsks.

Theo scratches the back of his head and looks at Hermione sheepishly. "He's lying, isn't he?" he asks. "No," she replies, her voice a bit scratchy, and her tone cold.