Chapter Two

New chapter because my finals are over!!! WOHOOOO! Please leave me a comment to let me know what you think of this story so far x

"What. Was. That, Luna?!" Ginny hisses, her blue eyes narrowing.

Luna shrugs.
"I wasn't allowed to tell you guys"

" What are you talking about, Luna?" Hermione asks.

"Me and Theo...We met during summer....in France. We began spending time together as friends..until he asked me out."

"And you said yes?" Ginny's eyes are as wide as saucers.

" Of course" Luna frowns, "I liked him...a lot. And it just seemed stupid not to say yes"

"So...you're dating Nott?" Hermione asks.

Luna nods.

"Then why didn't we ever see you both together? "

"Theo wanted us to be a secret...didn't want anybody to know about us. That's what I won today, and that's how and why you guys know all of this right now" she says.

"So, for making your relationship public, he asked you to lose the task today?" Ginny asks, her tone conveying exactly how she's feeling-  Incredulous.

"Merlin, no" Luna shakes her head.
"He wasn't worried about his reputation- if you're thinking that, he didn't want me to fa-"

"Wait wait wait! " Ginny holds up her index finger.

Luna looks at her.

" Luna, you do remember that we caught Nott and Parkinson in a broom closet, don't you?" Ginny raises her brows.

"Oh. That was me under polyjuice. That's how we meet" Luna seemed unfazed by her admission.

" What. The. Actual. Fuck!" Ginny snarls.

" Luna, are you sure?" Hermione asks uncertainly.

Luna smiles. "They're not bad people, you know. Just a little odd...and a little left out."

Hermione nods, her gaze unfocused.

" What if he's just playing with you?" Ginny asks.

" He isn't" Luna replies. "We like each other....very much"

" You're not in love with him, are you?" Ginny's expression turns to a horrified one.

"It's the next step" Luna replies with a smile.

"I hope you know what you're doing"

" I do" Luna says, and her eyes turn towards Hermione, knowingly.

Hermione turns away.

°•○

Her heart is beating extremely fast. Thump thump thump thump. She cups her hands under the running water, and let's them fill completely before splashing the water on her face. Hermione braces herself on the counter, her arms shaking and feet wobbling. Blood blood blood. She can see it, but she can't. 

" No" She breathes out.

"No" -again, as a tear rolls down her cheek.

Her stomach churns and her chest heaves with every breath she takes. She grabs her wand from the shelf on top of the sink, and mutters a quick glamour charm to hide the bags under her eyes. She then opens the cabinet and reaches for a calming draught. The war always found its way back.....in her head.

°•○

7 October 1999, Thursday

"Stay calm. Don't panic. Stay calm. Don't panic." Ginny tells herself.