Chapter Six

Day Fourteen

Eyelids fluttering, Hermione opens her eyes and blinks several times to adjust to the bright sunlight. Rolling onto her back, she turns towards her left and finds Theo sleeping with his mouth open and his legs tangled. A sort of laugh escapes her lips and she rolls her eyes.

Her smile disappears as she turns towards her right. Malfoy's face is inches away from her own. His pale skin even paler, his hair shining like silver and his expression of peace. He looks elegant, she thinks. Her eyes roam over his face as she memorises every curve and dip of his face.

Her heart is heavy in her chest, because this is the first time in two weeks that he has slept next to her. She feels protected as she looks at the two men lying beside her. A smile graces her lips and she sits upright. Folding up her blanket, she grabs a water bottle, her tooth brush and a tube of toothpaste, and walks towards rocks.

As she gargles and spits the water out of her mouth, she feels the warm sun kissing her skin, and she knows that something has changed.

Perhaps in her own heart...

°•○

"He's missing her," Malfoy says, pointing towards a dull looking Theo walking ahead of them.

"Who? Luna?" Hermione asks, her eyes narrowed due to curiosity.

Malfoy snorts," Yes, loony".

Hermione pinches his arm; hard. "She isn't loony!"

" Oh yeah? But I thought I heard that you introduced her to Potter as Loony Lovegood?"

Her cheeks flame as she prepares herself to look at the smug face of Malfoy, but instead, she finds him smirking- a friendly smirk.

Yes, something has definitely changed.

"Who told you that?" She asks.

" You wouldn't believe me" he smirks again.

Her eyes narrow. " Who was it?" She demands.

" Longbottom" he smirks again.

" Ha ha very funny," she says dryly.

Malfoy shrugs his shoulders in return.
Hermione clears her throat and asks the only one thing on her mind.

" Don't you miss her?" Surprisingly, her voice doesn't waver.

Malfoy's brow hikes up as he asks,"who?"

"Parkinson," she says and looks ahead to avoid eye contact, her mouth dry.

Malfoy chuckles softly. A sound that warms her heart and kisses her soul.

Why were these feelings coming back?

He looks at her then, his neck tilted towards her.

" I do....I do miss her actually."

The words hurt her more than they should have, and she forces a smile onto her face as she calls out Theo's name.

Day Fifteen

"We've been walking for two freaking hours, Granger! Give it a rest before I faint," Theo yells.

"No," she pants. " I have a feeling we're close."

"Close to what, for fuck's sake?!"

"The answer to our clue."

"Oh mighty Granger. Pray tell what the answer to our clue is!"