29

**Ashley's POV**

Someone's hand was on me as they shook me gently.

"Ash,"

I peered up from the covers and saw Kyle standing by my bedside. As unnerving as that was, I didn't care at the moment.

"Yes?" I mumbled still partially asleep.

"Stefan is in the room across the hall from you," he spoke quieter and left as I hopped up and threw some pants on.

There was the possibility that he wasn't awake but that didn't matter to me. As long as I could see him and know that he was fine was all I really needed.

Opening the door slowly, I saw his head turn and gaze at me. My heart broke seeing him with gauze around him, even from here I could hear the wheezing he made.

"Stefan," I choked and slowly walked in as he grimaced and shifted himself.

"Hey baby," he panted and closed his eyes for a moment to mask the pain he was in.

"How many?" I whispered.

"Five," he said softly as I brushed the tears away angrily.

"Hey," he brushed his thumb against my knuckles, "I'm okay."

No you're not, I thought in my head. I was fine because I was able to heal myself. He wasn't!

"Do your parents know?" I sniffled and laid my head against his palm.

"Kinda sorta," he sighed and muffled a cough that would've caused even more pain for him.

"I'm sorry," I blinked back more tears as he held me close with his arm.

"It's okay," he drew an I take of breath as I heard the bones grinding. Sheesh I couldn't understand how he was okay.

"I just wanted you safe," he pulled my face towards his and kissed my forehead.

I closed my eyes briefly and kissed him again before pulling away. "You need rest."

He tried to breathe evenly again as I shifted in his arms, careful to not disturb his broken ribs.

"I love you," I kissed him gently and saw he wanted to say it back.

"Don't worry, I know you love me as well," I rested my head on his shoulder.

**Five days later, Stefan's POV**

My parents knew the bare minimum of what had happened. I had gone climbing with Ashley and lost my footing in the tree. Not that I saved her from a werewolf or that she was one. It was becoming easier to adjust to her lifestyle so to speak.

"So has Saxon's pack been threatened anymore?"

"Not since the fight. I think it's safe to say we won't see them for awhile."

"Good," I leaned over and kissed her softly.

"So are you okay with... you know," she gestured at her and then us.

I nodded and kissed her again with passion before leaning my forehead against hers. "I am. There's not one thing I would change about you, and I have to thank you personally."

"For?" she raised her eyebrows.

"For showing me that there's more to a person than meets the eye," I kissed the spot between her eyebrows as she hummed in appreciation.

"I'm glad that you gave me the chance to show you who I was," she whispered softly.

Looking at her violet eyes that I have known almost all my life made me realize that it didn't matter that she wasn't anything like Tabitha. I had fallen in love with this girl just the same and I would be able to have a future with her all the same.

"What are you thinking?" she caressed my cheek.

"That if I hadn't met you, I would have just been consumed by grief the rest of my life."

"You would've had permanent worry lines on you and a frown," she teased me lightly.

"This is true, I would've looked so old," I teased her again.

"Well it's a good thing I can make you feel young," she winked.

I quirked my eyebrows, where was she going with this?

Slowly she grinded against me suggestively as I heard a low growl come from her throat.

"You know, I never would've thought that sound would turn me on as much as it does," I said my voice turning huskier.

"I'll make sure to do it more often," she growled and kiss me furiously as we became lost in one another.

**So the epilogue will be uploaded after I get back from a movie, I hope you guys enjoyed it! I thought it was an interesting idea, and as always thought I could've done better. But I'm still satisfied with what I made :) thanks to everyone who read this!**