9

**Stefan's POV**

I hadn't texted her for over a week. She probably had found out by now from Ella or Blake why I was acting all peculiar that night. If only I could just change the way I was grieving...

Not to mention all the digging up I had unsuccessfully tried about finding the recipients. Stupid confidentiality rules.

Sighing, I went back to typing my one thousand word essay on the great poets of the eighteenth century. That would at least take my mind off of everything and get me to try and focus on something dreary and boring.

"Somebody kill me now," I groaned and laid my head on my desk. I was at three hundred and fifty words. Every single one was b.s. too. My professor was going to kill me.

My phone started ringing and I saw Blake was calling.

"It's about time," I chuckled as he laughed back.

"Sorry man, it's been hectic since I proposed! Who knew it was this much work."

"Yep, that's the life of an almost married bachelor."

"Tell me about it. So," he began and I rolled my eyes because I already knew where this was going.

"Blake, she's nice and all. But she has Tabitha's eyes for crying out loud. I don't think it would be fair to her nor to myself to date her just because of the common theme."

"Just put all that aside Stef, and give her a chance," Blake began. "Look she's a really nice girl and I think it would be good for you to go out and try to have some fun. Even if it didn't workout between you two, at least you tried."

"Blake," I groaned.

"Just go on one date, and if it goes bad, then you don't have to date another girl for the rest of your life if you want. But please don't do that," he added quickly.

Staring at the computer where the cursor was still taunting me with the few paragraphs I had, I knew he was right.

I sighed, "I hate when you're right..."

Blake was grinning on the other end of the line, "I knew you would come around."

"I'll ask her out on one date," I held up a finger and realized he wouldn't be able to see it. "And don't be bugging me about it either, I'll tell you how it goes. Now go back to planning your wedding or something."

"Aye aye boss," he mocked me and hung up laughing.

So how do I text her after a week and say I want to hang out or whatever, without making me look like a douche... I'll just call her.

I held my breath as the phone rang and went to voice mail. Well I guess I deserved that...

"Hey Ashley, it's Stefan. Listen, I just wanted to see if you wanted to... Hang out, or even go on a date... Just uh, call me back, bye." I ended and smacked my forehead, I sounded ridiculous! Was I really that rusty on flirting with girls? Wait was I flirting?

I mean before I had met Tabitha, I had been not necessarily a player, but I definitely had a way with women. Now that I was having to get back into the world of dating I couldn't be anymore nervous. Did this mean I was interested in her...?

My phone started going off and I felt myself smiling as I answered, "hello."

"I got your message, and that sounds great! What time do you want me to meet up with you?"

I chuckled, "I'll come pick you up. Just text me your address or something and I'll swing by around six?"

"Sounds good, and just casual or..."

I tried not to chuckle again, this was just cute. Wait did I just say she was cute?

"Casual is fine."

"Okay," she seemed ready to burst and scream with excitement on the other end of the line. Women. "I'll see you soon."

"See you soon Ash," I hung up and just shook my head. This girl was so different from anyone I had met yet she still had the typical mannerisms as a young girl would when they're going on a date.

The goal for tonight, besides her enjoying herself was for me to enjoy myself as well. Then maybe get some information, but I was going to have to do my best to not make that top priority.

**So we see there's a bit of confliction for Stefan but hopefully he'll be able to sort it out here soon! Comments are very much welcomed for this story :) Thanks everyone!**