13

**Stefan's POV**

Blake called me later that next day and asked me if we were a thing or not yet. I couldn't help but laugh at how enthusiastic he seemed about me moving on and being with her. I know he meant well and everything but damn he was just as bad as Ella was about wanting to know the details!

"Blake, I mean yes we kissed but that was it. I'm not even sure if we are a thing yet, we just kinda..."

"I'm pretty sure you guys are now, which is great! We can all hang out now without someone third wheeling here."

"Blake," I tried to unsuccessfully get his attention.

"What is it Stef?"

"She knows about her..."

"You told her?"

"It just sorta came out," I sighed, "and then we kissed after I explained everything. I know she's not like her and I'm really fond of this girl... But how am I supposed to keep that in mind when I see her eyes looking at me?"

Blake said nothing for a moment, "I don't know Stefan. You just have to find it in you to face the facts I guess? It'll take time and yea the circumstances are... A little bizarre but I think you can do it. She really does like you Stef."

"I know she does, I can see that in her eyes," I paused and just smiled at myself from last night. She had looked so beautiful and serene just standing there on the porch.

"Good, well I need to go meet Ella at the cake place... Who knew it was a tough decision to choose on the flavor of a wedding cake?"

I chuckled, "I'll pray for you man. Good luck, and remember you just nod your head and agree with whatever she wants."

He chuckled back, "yea I've been doing that for so long now it's just natural."

The call ended and I just shook my head, there was no way in hell I was getting married anytime soon. Well at one point I had considered it, but even then the details hadn't been fully explored and whatnot. I still had plenty of time to figure things out now.

"Hey Stefan?" My father called from downstairs.

"Yeah dad?"

"Come here for a second please."

I stopped at the end of the staircase and saw he was reading the newspaper. He was old fashioned like that and didn't like seeing the news on tv all the time when it was all "lies".

"There's been some reportings of wolf attacks here within the county. I just want you to be careful and not go to the graveyard or the woods anytime soon until they get this under control."

"Wolf attacks? We have wolves here?"

"Yes, and they're not to messed with. According to this report, they're about the size of a Saint Bernard or bigger! I mean think about that Stefan, that's huge!"

"Okay dad," I assured him, "I won't go anywhere near the woods or whatever."

"Good," he murmured and went back to flipping through the pages of the paper.

In the back of my mind all I could think about was how I needed to tell Ashley that she couldn't go look for her favorite animal. Yet part of me wondered if it were possible to see a wolf that large, let alone here in the daytime at least.

As long as we're in by dusk, we'll be fine, I told myself and went to call her.

**Short chapter again I know... But you see where I'm going with this?! Please comment, anything would absolutely help me on this story. Would really appreciate it!**