11.

CHAPTER 11 - Naked with Xander Atkins

"YOU'RE in a towel." He stated, pointing at me wide eyed.

I squirmed under his gaze before he finally looked away, turning his face east wards.

"It's kind of a long story." I mumbled.

Xander huffed, clenching his fists. "It's like -" he glances at his watch, "ten at night. You're in a towel. Are you bloody insane?"

I glanced around nervously, suddenly realizing the seriousness of the situation.

"Anybody could've easily taken advantage of you." He snapped, his nose flaring in anger.

I knew what he meant. For once he didn't need to spell it out for me. The thought of someone touching me made me shudder in fear. Quickly blinking back the tears I mumbled, "I'm sorry."

Xander rolled his eyes at my response, his brown hair being pushed back with the wind.

"You should learn to be more careful." He snapped.

"I was too in the moment!" I exclaimed. "That dog ran away -"

Xander cut me off before I could even begin to explain myself. "You should've let him go then."

I snorted. "And then get killed by my parents?" I huffed, rolling my eyes. "No thank you."

He furrowed his eyebrows, his jaw working as he took a deep breath.

His cold eyes met mine as he spoke with a straight face, his voice laced with venom, "You're incredibly childish and foolish."

I stood in shock, his words hitting me harder than they should have. I pulled my eyes away from his cold glare and looked back to the black asphalt road, spotted with chewing gums.

A wave of nausea hit me and I felt the sudden urge to puke or cry or perhaps do both at the same time.

"I'm going back home." I muttered, taking a step away. "G'night."

Childish and foolish.

The words echoed around my head, his voice taunting me.

Childish and foolish.