7.

CHAPTER 7 - ICE-CREAM WITH XANDER ATKINS

I was always a very naïve and gullible child. I believed (still do) that life is a big whole ball of sunshine and unicorns and happy people. Even when mum died, I refused to believe that the world was in fact a horrid place.

I was starting to question my beliefs.

Turns out, dad is very angry at me. Dad isn't a person who gets angry easily. Sure he's a little paranoid and protective but he's hardly ever angry at me. His anger ranges in three ways - angry, very angry, and then the angry enough to feed you to the sharks angry. Miranda says currently dad is the third one.

One thing I was deprived of knowing was the fact that my car was named under dad's name. So, if, let's say, my car gets - towed - the tow company calls up dad. Not me.

So far I had managed to escape dad for two whole days. I was either asleep, in the bathroom playing Angry Birds, or outside taking pictures. I didn't even have dinner with him for days thinking that I should let him cool down.

Currently I sat under the table in the warehouse, listening to music and attempting to edit my pictures. I try to not edit pictures because I feel that it snatches away the beauty of the picture. Like a person - you could put make up and stuff like that to make yourself look pretty but then everybody will eventually forget what you actually look like.

"Cecilia?" I heard Xander call my name as he pushed the door aside, inviting day light into the warehouse.

"Right here." I answered quickly catching his gaze as he walked over to me.

I hadn't met Xander since the day in his room. His bruises did seem to take a lighter shade and his Pooh Band-Aid was nowhere to be seen.

"C'mon." he said, motioning me to come out of my cave.

"Why?"

"I'm taking you somewhere."

My ears perked up and my curiosity arose at his statement.

"Where?" I asked all giddy-like.

Xander ignored my question as he made his way back outside where I quickly followed.