1.

CHAPTER 1 - Escaping Xander Atkins

SEVENTEEN years ago, when my parents did the 'deed', the X chromosome joined the other X chromosome and there was a XX chromosome formed, which naturally, nine months later resulted my little head popping out.

There was no choice there obviously.

However, two years later, I was offered to choose between cars and Barbie dolls - I chose crayons. Five years later, I had to choose between pink or blue - I chose orange. Ten years later, when my parents finally understood I wasn't normal, they asked me if I wanted a camera or a make-up kit and for the first time in ten years, I chose something between the given options.

I chose to get a camera.

I called my camera 'Admeta' which meant untamed in Latin. If you are wondering, I know of no other words in Latin, I foogled it - and yes foogled is a word - Google it.

Then there are sometimes in life where you do absurd things.

For example, two years ago, I decided to jump off of my bunk bed and land on my cushion fort below - I slipped and broke a leg. Or when I decided to put a pin on Mr Robinson's chair and he had to go to the hospital to get it removed. Or when I decided to dramatically exit the class after getting detention but managed to get myself suspended for 'Bad Behavior'. Or when I decided it was a - o - kay to let Miranda into my room but it went hay wire when she decided to go through my pictures.

Or for example, my current situation where I'm staring at the abandoned warehouse through the tainted Chevy window I'm sat behind.

I took a deep breath and pushed myself back deeper into the leather seat.

I momentarily diverted my eyes from the gray, crumbling building and watched the purple sky. What if they was a murderer inside? What if there was a drunk hiding inside? What if there was a drunk murderer hiding inside?

I gasped loudly and immediately called up Abigail.

"I can't do this." I whispered into the phone.