['What If' Questions①]

Posted on Aug 28, 2014

NU’EST put an end to performances for its 1st album ‘Good Bye Bye’. For the past one month, NU’EST showed emotional performances with new songs like ‘FACE’, ‘Action’ and ‘Sleep Talking’.

Although it failed to achieve its goal of winning a music chart, NU’EST’ succeeded in expressing its own musical characteristics and better performances for the new album.

We recently met with NU’EST members before they begin forming overseas in the WiKi K-POP studio in Shinsa-dong.

“Who Am I?, Where Am I?”

NU’EST entered WIKI K-POP studio as they politely greeted to staff members. They seemed somewhat sincere and nervous. 

They seemed bright and energetic although they spent all night the day before due to practice. Out of sympathy, we order two boxes of pizza for them to share and they loved it like little kids. However, five big boys could not finish even one box. When we forced(?) them to finish the other box, they took it home with them saying they would eat the left over for dinner.

 ◆  As wrapping up the first album promotions…

Q. You’ve just finished promoting your first full-length album. You must have learned a lot for the past one month. 

Baekho:  Against our wishes, we could not perform longer in Korea because of our overseas performing schedules. I think we wrapped things up quite well in terms of showing how much we have improved. I would like to give us 70 out of 100 points as we still have huge potentials to become a better boy-band in the future.

Q. How did you exactly ‘improve’?

Minhyun: You can see if you watch the music videos or look at the album covers. If we tried hard to show something we did not have before, we are now trying to look as natural as possible. We realized we could fill the album covers with natural photo shots of us.

Q. I personally liked your powerful performances for ‘Judgement’. As you have been focusing on telling a story so far, how about this new concept for the next title songs?

Minhyun: I hope we could stick with the concept.

Aron: It may be a little tough as it is physically exhausting to perform like that. I got out of breath and almost fainted when dancing to songs like ‘FACE’ and ‘Action’. And I am two years older than the other members, haha.

Q. Is it still true that Ren’s black hair was the best idea?

JR: Well, I think I should deserve that reputation as I am the one who looks most handsome.

Minhyun: It was the best decision indeed. My mother and sister always told me Ren could get a haircut to be more popular. He looks much manlier after the hair cut.

Ren: My parents really like my new hair style. They were little worried that the blonde hair has its own limits in expressing various images. My friends like it too as they often told me I did not look like me before. I am satisfied with the decision

Q. Tell us about your overseas plans. 

Baekho: We will go to Japan on Sunday(17th) and perform for 2 weeks there. Then we’re going to have a South American concert tour. We are still setting the plans after that. I personally cannot wait to see the fans in South America.

Q. Say hello to your fans abroad!

Thank you guys so much for all your love and support throughout the years! We’re definitely looking forward to meeting all of you guys soon so look forward to NU’EST coming to your country! Please keep supporting NU’EST and we promise to work hard for you guys!   (Aron typed this message for you guys!)